auto routing/forwarding

• I am new to all this and have a question about auto routing/ forwarding. I have a Siemens CT and want to send images to CONQUEST the have CONQUEST route or forward the images to STENTOR automatically. Is this possible?
    I have added STENTOR to the Known DICOM providers. And I can manually push images to STENTOR. I added the following lines to DICOM.ini:

ExportConverters = 1
    ExportCallingAE = CONQUEST
    ExportConverter0 = forward to STENTOR

I restarted the service and nothing happens.

Should I be looking at a VirtualServer?

• try this one

ExportConverters = 1
    ExportCallingAE0 = AE_TITLE_CT

or

ExportConverters = 1
    ExportModality0 = CT

• So if I wanted to store all images to Conquest then forward to Stentor it would be something like:

ExportConverters = 1
    ExportModality = *
    ExportConverter = forward to STENTOR

???

Unsure of wildcard usage in "ExportModality"

(I "lost" my testserver box to the front desk. Sigh)

• Is there a functionality for "NOT" within exportconverters?

Like this:

ExportConverters = 1
    ExportModality = CT
    ExportCalledAE0 = !CONQUEST
    ExportConverter = forward to PACS

Just wondering...

Tim

• Have a linux system running Postgresql 8.1.9 running. Have also a windows system running MS-SQL.

On the windows system we are able to use something like this:
    ExportModality2 = CT
    ExportFilter2 = Institutio NOT LIKE 'Sacred%'
    ExportConverter2 = forward to OTHERPACS_CT

It works well for checking to see if an exam has our "institution name" in the dicom field 8,80 and if not, it forwards the study to a different system.

It isn't working on the Linux/Postgres system, for some reason. Can you tell me if this format would be supported?

According to the Postgre documentation, in a query I could use:

Institutio NOT LIKE 'Sacred%'
    or
    Institutio NOT ILIKE 'Sacred%' (case insensitive)

and that should do the trick.

What could cause this to fail?

Tim

• I think I'm figuring something out and remembering a little.....but if you know the quick answer I'd love it.

By default, Dicom field 0008,0080 "Institution Name" isn't one that you store on import. On the windows system, I think I may have added a line to the dicom.sql file and added that field to the database, so that it existed on import and it could place that tag in the database. On the Linux system I haven't done that.

I just edited the dicom.sql file and added it there, but I'm not sure how to add the field in the database with Postgres. Is there a line I can add to some file to regen the database and add this field?

Tim

• Ahhh, I did it. I had to remove the reference to the 0008,1040 line in dicom.sql, and then add it as 0008,0080, and then regen the database. Now all is well. Thanks for watching over me though!
    Tim

• I am currently using Export Coverter :
    ExportConverters = 1

I would like to have Conquest forward to 2 servers. Can I modify my Export Converter to:
    ExportConverters = 1
    ExportConverter0 = forward to MagicView

Will this forward all images to both STENTOR and MagicView? Or should I be doing this differently? Thanks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!