Posts by tolson

Ok, I have 1.4.17beta installed now and am working on it.

I'm not sure I understand how to do the lua script though. I also realized now that with my ImportConverter, I could only do one operation...I could prefix the patientID, but not the patientID and AccessionNo. I'm sure the lua scripting will be much more flexible. I don't need to use source IP though, as long as I can use CallingAE, so that is ok.

Can you give me an example of the lua scripting to prefix both the PatientID and Accession based on callingAE?

I'll keep playing with it today and see what I can make it do.
    Tim

It looks like I had luck with this:

ImportConverters = 3
    ImportCallingAE0 = TESTSERVER
    ImportConverter0 = set 0010,0020 to "UWH%V0010,0020"

Seems to be working...not sure if that is the best way, but it works.
    Tim

Thinking about this, I should be able to do it based on source AE too, but I'm having problems getting it working in test:

ImportConverters = 3
    ImportStationName0 = TESTSTATION
    ImportConverter0 = Data.PatientID = 'UWH' + Data.PatientID

Am I doing something wrong with the ImportConverter line?

I saw some sample stuff on the forum like this:
    [lua]
    Data.PatientID = Data.PatientID + Data.StudyUID

So I am assuming I can put in a string append if I need, right? Also, I'm not really sure if I need the "lua" things or if I can do it in the ImportConverter line itself. I've read and reread the manual but so far it's not sinking in well.
    Tim

Hi all,
    I'm hoping I can do this with Conquest...I've been using it for years but this one I'm just not sure if I can do.
    I'd like to take a look at the source IP when a study arrives, and prefix the patient's Medical Record Number with a 3 letter code based on the source IP's that we get. Would also be nice to prefix the accession number. This is to keep patients from various places separated so they don't have duplicate MRN or Accession's. Is there any way to do this?
    Tim

Is there a way to prevent any image coming in that has modality type "PR" from being stored? We bring in studies and forward them out via STUDY level exportconverter, and the receiving end can't handle PR images/types. We don't need them anyway, so is there a way to just accept an exam in, but drop any "PR" modality type image?

Tim

I thought this might be a good place to ask....

Right now, to import outside CD's full of exams, one of 2 people must get the CD, and we drag the DICOM files onto Conquest's GUI and import them. It works well, but, the 2 people doing it are technical people. What we really need is a way for general film-room/file-room staff to import the outside CD's...something simple.

In the past we've investigated software and found that for $2000-2500 we could get CD import software that transmits the exams into PACS. It downloads the study and sends it via DICOM. This would be OK, but right now we can't get anyone to release any $$$$ to buy such a package.

Is there any plug-in, or free program, or simple way that you have as a solution that may or may not integrate with Conquest that would solve our problem and make CD importing something that almost anyone can do?

Tim

I would like to interject a question into this thread too....it seems an appropriate thread.

I have some times when the auto-forwarding queue takes a long time until the study will send. I assume it sends
    just one exam at a time, which is fine with me, as the receiving system is slow. But, even though I have
    a 5 minute collect delay, there are times that so many exams are queued up that 30 or 45 minutes later it may not have yet started to send a particular exam.

Is there a way for me to find out what studies are queued up and waiting, so I can see how long the list is?

Tim

I have a question that I actually have to figure out very very quickly...

We're doing an upgrade to a DICOM server that has about 9 DICOM AE Titles and 9 associated ports to go with them. I do have a conquest server that has a 2nd NIC, so I can shut down the NIC on the server being upgrade and use it's IP address on my conquest server. But, then I have to run all 9 instances on my conquest server so I can capture all those DICOM images being sent to me during the upgrade.

So I'd have mutliple AE Titles and multiple ports:

AETITLE1 Port 9000
    AETITLE2 Port 9001
    AETITLE3 Port 9002
    AETITLE4 Port 9003
    AETITLE5 Port 9004
    AETITLE6 Port 9005
    AETITLE7 Port 9006
    AETITLE8 Port 9007
    AETITLE9 Port 9008

So to do this, do I install 9 more directories and instances of CONQUEST, or is there a way to do this with one instance, just putting 9 different ports and AE titles in the dicom.ini file?

Tim

Ahhhhh, I didn't know we had to have the GUI running.
    I see now. That's too bad. We've seen issues in the past
    with the server crashing if we left the GUI up, but it would run
    stable for a month if we left it closed and just ran it as a service.
    It does seem much better in recent versions than past though.
    We did just have a crash:
    [GATEWAYPACS] 20081016 09:45:01 ***A fatal error occurred (out of memory) - closing server

But I can't confirm if the GUI was up or not.

Oh well, I'll see if I can pursue maybe some custom weekly zipping where we drop the service for
    a few seconds, cut the logs, zip them, file them, and then restart.

Tim

I didn't include the version, but I'm using 1.4.14, since this has happened on all the old versions too.
    For some reason, when I originally install the software, the log files zip fine. But somewhere
    along the line, it stops the daily log file zipping.

In my dicom.ini file I still have the line:

ZipTime = 05:

So it should be working as far as I can tell....but it isn't. Does anyone have the details on what triggers this, and what else I can check into?

One of the reasons I'd like more details too, is that I'd really like to have this thing do a weekly zip, instead of a daily zip.
    If that were possible, I'd prefer it greatly.

Tim

I always seem to answer my own question......but here you go....I figured it out.

Yes, there was no mapping for Institution name to create the database field in SQL, so I just opened up
    "dicom.sql" and inserted this line:

{ 0x0008, 0x0080, "InstitName", 64, SQL_C_CHAR, DT_STR },

And then did a database regen. Now I have an "InstitName" field that I can key off of.

Sorry to bother you but at least I have another item for other users to check if they have issues.
    Tim

Hi all,

I used to have a conquest system running older versions on Win2K server with SQL. Now it's a new box with W2k3 and SQL2005, with the latest .14 Beta conquest.

I had been using exportconverters in the past, like this:

ExportModality11 = US
    ExportFilter11 = Institutio NOT LIKE 'OURHOSPITAL%'
    ExportConverter11 = forward to OTHERSERVER_US

But, I noticed something strange now on this version. When I open the tables in SQL, I see that in the DICOMSeries table, the "Institutio" field is being filled NOT with 0008,0080 but instead with 0008,1040, which is institutional department name.

What I'm trying to do is make it so that any image that comes into the system without our standard Institution name, forwards to a different system. This worked for me before, but now isn't.

Is there a way to force Conquest to populate the Database field "Institutio" with 0008,0080 contents, or create another different database field like INSTNAME or something and map it to collect the 0008,0080 contents?

Tim

Ahhh, I did it. I had to remove the reference to the 0008,1040 line in dicom.sql, and then add it as 0008,0080, and then regen the database. Now all is well. Thanks for watching over me though!
    Tim

I think I'm figuring something out and remembering a little.....but if you know the quick answer I'd love it.

By default, Dicom field 0008,0080 "Institution Name" isn't one that you store on import. On the windows system, I think I may have added a line to the dicom.sql file and added that field to the database, so that it existed on import and it could place that tag in the database. On the Linux system I haven't done that.

I just edited the dicom.sql file and added it there, but I'm not sure how to add the field in the database with Postgres. Is there a line I can add to some file to regen the database and add this field?

Tim

Have a linux system running Postgresql 8.1.9 running. Have also a windows system running MS-SQL.

On the windows system we are able to use something like this:
    ExportModality2 = CT
    ExportFilter2 = Institutio NOT LIKE 'Sacred%'
    ExportConverter2 = forward to OTHERPACS_CT

It works well for checking to see if an exam has our "institution name" in the dicom field 8,80 and if not, it forwards the study to a different system.

It isn't working on the Linux/Postgres system, for some reason. Can you tell me if this format would be supported?

According to the Postgre documentation, in a query I could use:

Institutio NOT LIKE 'Sacred%'
    or
    Institutio NOT ILIKE 'Sacred%' (case insensitive)

and that should do the trick.

What could cause this to fail?

Tim

Is there a functionality for "NOT" within exportconverters?

Like this:

ExportConverters = 1
    ExportModality = CT
    ExportCalledAE0 = !CONQUEST
    ExportConverter = forward to PACS

Just wondering...

Tim

Sorry if this is a bad place for this...I cross-posted to another thread that may be applicable too:

Question about Drag-and-Drop importing...

I am trying to set up the ExportConverters (which I've previously used successfully) so that a Drag-and-drop DICOM file import will forward the images to the appropriate AE_Title of an external DICOM system.

So images with a modality of CR go to one place, CT to another, MR to another. This is easy with DICOM import, but I can't seem to get it to do what I want with Drag-and-Drop importing. The best I can do is leave off arguments and just have the ExportConverter FORWARD line to send them to a system, but it doesn't work by modality.

Is there a specified "Calling AE Title" or "Called AE Title" that I can use when using drag-and-drop?

Thank you! I've been a conquest user for a good couple of years, but just found the forum. Great stuff, both the software and the forum.
    Tim

Question about Drag-and-Drop importing...

I am trying to set up the ExportConverters (which I've previously used successfully) so that a Drag-and-drop DICOM file import will forward the images to the appropriate AE_Title of an external DICOM system.

So images with a modality of CR go to one place, CT to another, MR to another. This is easy with DICOM import, but I can't seem to get it to do what I want with Drag-and-Drop importing. The best I can do is leave off arguments and just have the ExportConverter FORWARD line to send them to a system, but it doesn't work by modality.

Is there a specified "Calling AE Title" or "Called AE Title" that I can use when using drag-and-drop?

Thank you! I've been a conquest user for a good couple of years, but just found the forum. Great stuff, both the software and the forum.
    Tim