Conquest as ROUTER

• HI

I have been using CONQUEST as DICOM ROUTER and it was working fine since i updated it to the new version 1.4.16 and also 1.4.17. After the update the routing of images automatically stops. I am using the following command for routing.

# the following line defines the total number of export tasks that the server will execute when it receives an study
    ExportConverters = 2

ExportModality0 = *
    ExportStationName0 = *
    ExportCalledAE0 = *
    ExportCallingAE0 = *
    ExportConverter0 = forward to VITREA1
    ExportConverter1 = forward to vrkodak3dFIR

If i want to delete images after forwarding is this valid convertor:
    ExportConverter0 = forward to VITREA1;destory;

I need urgent and ASAP help in this matter as i am facing serious problems with the new versions.

--Hammad

• Hi Hammad,

Try:

ExportConverters = 2
    ExportConverter0 = forward to VITREA1
    ExportConverter1 = forward to vrkodak3dFIR
    ForwardAssociationLevel = Series

To delete images you need to use an ImportConverter (that runs before the images are stored)

ImportConverters = 2
    ImportConverter0 = forward to VITREA1; destroy
    ImportConverter1 = forward to vrkodak3dFIR; destroy
    ForwardAssociationLevel = Series

Marcel

• Hi Marcel

Thanks for your prompt reply. I tried with the both options you provided me but none of them work. Appended below is the log for your review.

2/10/2013 8:33:56 PM [CLINICA] DGATE (1.4.17alpha, build Tue Oct 16 20:24:02 2012, bits 32) is running as threaded server
    2/10/2013 8:33:56 PM [CLINICA] Database type: native MySQL connection
    2/10/2013 8:33:56 PM [CLINICA] User interface test: local server is running!
    2/10/2013 8:34:03 PM ------------ Adding image files to server -----------
    2/10/2013 8:34:03 PM [CLINICA] Added file: E:\PACS\Data\21765\1.2.392.200036.9125.3.25153170193106.64698274660.22841011_1001_001001_13605104430000.dcm

2/10/2013 8:35:30 PM [CLINICA] DGATE (1.4.17alpha, build Tue Oct 16 20:24:02 2012, bits 32) is running as threaded server
    2/10/2013 8:35:30 PM [CLINICA] Database type: native MySQL connection
    2/10/2013 8:35:30 PM [CLINICA] Started 1 export queue thread(s)
    2/10/2013 8:35:30 PM [CLINICA] User interface test: local server is running!
    2/10/2013 8:35:51 PM ------------ Adding image files to server -----------
    2/10/2013 8:35:52 PM [CLINICA] Added file: E:\PACS\Data\21765\1.2.392.200036.9125.3.25153170193106.64698274660.22841011_1001_001001_13605104430000.dcm

-- Hammad

• I'm new to Conquest and have a few questions regard setting this up as a DICOM Router. In the instruction PDF there is a section for (a) DICOM Routing and another for (b) DICOM Gateway or virtual server. What I'd like to do is set this software to accept all incoming DICOM requests from any modality or device, and forward that to our actual PACS server and I'm not sure which option to use.

(i) I'm also curious why the software only seems to need an AE Title and not the PACS server's IP address. (ii) When configured as a DICOM Router, does Conquest act as an intermediary between a Modality device and the server...? Meaning, when the server offers a response, for instance handing out the Modality Worklist to a machine, how does Conquest handle the information to and from the PACS server. Any advice, direction, insight, or some type of explaination is greatly appreciated.

• Hi,

"What I'd like to do is set this software to accept all incoming DICOM requests from any modality or device, and forward that to our actual PACS server". This requires the virtual server option.

"I'm also curious why the software only seems to need an AE Title and not the PACS server's IP address". The title is looked upm in ACRNEMA.MAP to get the IP adress and port.

(iii) "When configured as a DICOM Router, does Conquest act as an intermediary between a Modality device and the server...?" A virtual server forwards all queries and merges the results with its internal database returning only columns as in the database. It not enabled for worklist queries - typically there is no need as there is typically a single modality worklist server. Mostly it is used for image queries and move requests, where conquest becomes a cache that merges local stored and PACS info.

Marcel

• Hello
    I'm new to all Dicom servers and I'd like to ask you some help.
    I was able to set it up as local Dicom storage server, so when I plug GE ultrasound machine to local network I can export studies to my local Dicom storage server.
    Now what I need to do is to set up one Conquest Dicom server on windows laptop as router to export studies from GE ultrasound machine from other location trough internet from outside local network to the Dicom Storage server that I already have. I tried to follow instructions in included PDF but I could not figure out which settings I have to use.
    could you pls help me out how to do it. thanks

• An application where Conquest acting as a virtual MWL router would be helpful would be where the hospital MWL server CAN NOT function in promiscuous mode - but Conquest can.
    Our current, "new" MWL provider requires each querying entity be registered with it's AE Title and IP address. This is very impractical, if not useless, for several of our distributed applications that functioned marvelously with dynamic IPs and generic AE_Titles. A single Conquest virtual MVL server/router/forwarders, with its static IP and AE_Title that could then route MWL queries to these applications would solve our problem with the new MWL.
    Is it possible to add this "feature" to the wish list?

• giozera,

use conquest 1.4.17b, and set 'importconverter0 = forward to AE' in dicom.ini. AE defines the address and port. If you use a ssh gateway or so, IP is 127.0.0.1 and port is the port that you ask to forward to the recieving end. I have good sucess with myentunnel.

Marcel

• Quote from marcelvanherk

giozera,

use conquest 1.4.17b, and set 'importconverter0 = forward to AE' in dicom.ini. AE defines the address and port. If you use a ssh gateway or so, IP is 127.0.0.1 and port is the port that you ask to forward to the recieving end. I have good sucess with myentunnel.

Marcel

Hello Marcel
    Thanks for your reply. the setting that you suggest I guess have to set on conquest router? so for example it should look like something like this: importconverter0 = forward to exampleserver and exampleserver will be defined in acrnema.map with external internet IP and port Exmp: exampleserver (internet IP) (Port) un ? am I right?
    thanks

This is right.

However, tunnel software often maps a local port to a remote port, so with a tunnel, your remote server will will be configured as localhost.

Marcel

Thank you! Thank you! thank you! :D it worked no problems so far.
    oh btw when I did test run the study that I was forwarding for some of them it was saying "Written file" to location but on some it was saying "Rewritten file" I'm pretty sure it was rewriting some files that already was on my server, so I'm curios if there is command to skip files that already on the server?

Hi,

files are always rewritten because somebody might - against all DICOM rules - modify a file and send it again. Also the database is updated unless the UIDs conflict.

Marcel

hello
    I ran in to problem. I'm trying to set up dicom router according to your suggestion on one of our locations. this is the error I'm getting:
    ImportConverter0.0: forwarded object to DICOMSERV1
    [DICOMSERV] *** ImportConverter0.0: Forward failed to connect to host DICOMSERV1
    [DICOMSERV] Rewritten file: C:\DicomServer\data\11P\1.2.840.113619.dcm
    [DICOMSERV] ***Client Error: command ffff failed **
    [DICOMSERV] ***Connection Terminated

so this is how I set it up to forward to receiving server. DICOMSERV1 67.xx.xx.xx 5678 j2
    setting port 5678 means it will connect to the storage server on that port right? I tried several ports and made sure ports are open on my wireless router and windows ports too. am I missing something what I did wrong?
    thanks

Hi,

did you enable jpeg support on the receiving end?, ffff suggests a cancel, i.e., the receiving end works but actively breaks the connection.

Marcel

yes I have Jpeg support activated on receiving end too. so you think receiving is the problem?

• just did restart on both sides on all hardware it includes PC's, routers and modems, result is no more "ffff" error and just this:
    1] Presentation Context 4 "1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.3" 1
    [DICOMSERV1] ImportConverter0.0: forwarded object to DICOMSERV
    [DICOMSERV1] *** ImportConverter0.0: Forward failed to connect to host DICOMSERV
    [DICOMSERV] Written file: C:\DicomServer\data\

is this worst or better?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!