Import DICOM images from filesystem

• Hi Radtraveller,

Edit database is not implemented for the built-in dbase driver (it is for ODBC based drivers like SQL server). In that page you are looking at an excerpt of the dbfs, not the real thing. The delphi dbase drivers I use would not work on large databases, that's why. Not an easy thing to fix. Better make sure the information in the images is correct in the first place ;->>>

Marcel

• Quote from marcelvanherk

Hi Radtraveller,

Edit database is not implemented for the built-in dbase driver (it is for ODBC based drivers like SQL server). In that page you are looking at an excerpt of the dbfs, not the real thing. The delphi dbase drivers I use would not work on large databases, that's why. Not an easy thing to fix. Better make sure the information in the images is correct in the first place ;->>>

Marcel

Lol Marcel.. If I could get the front desk and all the other modalities to get and use the correct data my life would be much more simple. :-)

My Data base is almost 10,000 MRN's and 800GBs...

Actually I am using Mysql 5 with ODBC 3.51. When Edit opens I see all the data, I can get a cursor in the fields, highlight data, but I can't make any changes. I do have some success with exporting the study to Kpacs and correcting MRN or Mis-spelled name (most common errors), deleting study from conquest (though it doesn't seem to really delete) and resending corrected from K-pacs.

Sorry, I can build computers, install anything from windows to solaris on x86 and get software installed. Using application software tho... :0-0

So I have managed to export patient Name and MRN.. though it is not the best. List all patients (Query/Move select local server and '*' MRN. Copy/paste into OpenOffice and create tables) not elegant but a start.

BTW, if you want to move this to a new thread, that would probably be best?

Bored on a Sunday also? :-) I am going to go watch the superbowl now.

Cheers.

• I've found a solution to getting my images into the database: simply copy the dicom-images into the directory where the ConQuest database is located (e.g. C:\conquest\data) and then re-initialize the DB.
    Drag-and-drop still doesn't work, I've also installed the latest version of Conquest on my home-PC and tried the images; still nothing.
    Concluding: my problem is solved now, but it might still be something to look into.

• YIKES, that is probably going to get to be a real pain as your DB grows.

How about setting up conquest on another PC for hjust this type of thing? ie keep very small DB, drag/drop the files in and rebuild, then send to your main? Might shave some time.

• Bleh, I meant copy the files into the 'other' conquest with no persistent data. Rebuild THAT database, then send the study to your main Conquest.

For importing, one could use Kpacs. Import from file system, edit header info, send to conquest.

• You did try drag an drop: it will load a whole directory tree in one go.

Also try keeping alt pressed while dropping files for a single patient: you can modify patient ID. It will then generate a new set of UIDs. We do this to avoid conficts between the original and modified image when to are stored in the same archive.

Marcel

• Marcel,

If done with ALT->change Patient ID->store new UID.. Is it possible then to go into "change patient ID for this study" and put the proper patient ID? Will that cause problems or do the new UIDs 'fix' things?

• Hi,

I guess you can alt-drop with the original patientID: it will still generate new UIDs. The translation old-uid to new-uid is stored in a database table and will be reused for other images as well. Notice that changing a patient ID twice will not get the same image back! It will have new UIDs.

Marcel

• The drag and drop method of adding a study to the server seems to have a limit on the number of images drop at a time. Whenever I try to move a study with large number of images
    (greater than 4000) I get this error after several hundred images have started.

3/29/2007 5:22:01 AM [NEWSQL] ***Error connecting datasource:newsql user:conquest password:conquest

A dialog box from conquest server shows this message

"The server is not running properly: association rejected
    Probable cause: database not accessible"

The setup I have is a windows installation using native mysql. At versions produce this when dropping large number of files. The same thing happens when using ODBC mysql driver.

Two ways fiix and reconnect the server to mysql is to restart the server by closing the gui and/or the NT service. The other is to restart mysql.

Has anyone had this same problem? Could be due to mysql?

• Have had that issue also... Too much data being moved and MySql chokes and shuts down. ie mysql service has to be restarted. I have tried increasing caches and timeouts to no avail.

Got a new test box finally. Going to try ..Win2003R2/MSSQL2005 and longhorn beta3 Web with MSSQL2005.

Any tales of experiences would be welcomed.

• I had the chance to get hold of a windows xp 64bit box and tried to check if it had the same problem.

Installed dicomserver 1412c and used mysql 5.0.37 (32 bit) native mysql.
    The server works in this os. The problem with mysql did not go away. Dropping a study with 3000+ images chokes the database. I get the same error as before. mysql needs to be restarted for the server to accept images again.

Mysql winx64 version does not work with native mysql configuration of the server.

• Question about Drag-and-Drop importing...

I am trying to set up the ExportConverters (which I've previously used successfully) so that a Drag-and-drop DICOM file import will forward the images to the appropriate AE_Title of an external DICOM system.

So images with a modality of CR go to one place, CT to another, MR to another. This is easy with DICOM import, but I can't seem to get it to do what I want with Drag-and-Drop importing. The best I can do is leave off arguments and just have the ExportConverter FORWARD line to send them to a system, but it doesn't work by modality.

Is there a specified "Calling AE Title" or "Called AE Title" that I can use when using drag-and-drop?

Thank you! I've been a conquest user for a good couple of years, but just found the forum. Great stuff, both the software and the forum.
    Tim

• Longhorn Beta 3, Mysql 5.1, Conquest 1.4.13.

Setup is 2 dual core Xeon 5060, 6 GB Ram, 3 TB Raid 50, Dual gb NICs.

Set windows to give background services higher priority. Pagefile is set at 4gb min and 16gb max.

Use Mysql.dll from Conquest Download site. (DLL with 5.1 didn't work for me)

Up and running, set prefs in dicom.ini.

Start Conquest. Do not install as a service.

Set affinity on Dgate to any non 0 cpu. Conquest to another non 0 and mysql to a different non 0 cpu.

Raise priority of those three to real-time.

Drag and drop 860 GB from external USB drive with no errors.

Memory usage went to 5 gb and stayed there, pagefile usage went between 800mb and 1.6 gb.

Still took almost 90 hours though. Left wondering if I missed a "tweak" somewhere.

• Quote from marcelvanherk

Apparently there is a memory leak somewhere. I'll have a look. Could you maybe see which process was using all that memory?

Marcel

Not until I have to rebuild the database again? Urgh...

My thought was that the problem was in MySql and running Conquest as a service? Too much, too fast for the MySQL. (or my settings in my.ini)

If I remember correctly, every time a copy job errored out, I had a error with Mysql.

• Quote from radtraveller

Have had that issue also... Too much data being moved and MySql chokes and shuts down. ie mysql service has to be restarted. I have tried increasing caches and timeouts to no avail.

Got a new test box finally. Going to try ..Win2003R2/MSSQL2005 and longhorn beta3 Web with MSSQL2005.

Any tales of experiences would be welcomed.

I have run into the known: "2005: Secure socket layer error with GUI browser (+/-BDE) on some installations of MSserver2003 with MSSQL2005." Issue.

I am running a server with Win2k and MSSQL2005 without problems.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!