Set up the Conquest Server on Linux Ubuntu

• hi Marcel,

I am new to conquest server, however, i already set up the dicom server on windows XP which is my laptop OS. I want do it on the linux for testing. I am not good at linux. I follow your instructions which in the Linux mannul .pdf file. But i can't set it up. The cgi-bin makes me confused. I did not find it on /usr/lib/cgi-bin. I check it on google and download the perl2. It's up. Now I don't know how to enable it on apache2.conf. Could you kindly help me set it up on linux. I am very appreciated with you.

Ps: My linux box using Ubuntu which is debain, i think it's ok. I find the cgi-bin directory on /var/www/allen. I do not understand the structure of this one. Cgi-bin and Apache and Conquest???

Thanks a lottttt!!!!!

Allen

• Hi,

the install on linux is much more rough.. You have to compile the server core (dgate), edit the configuation files (same file as on windows), and manually start the server dgate. The apache stuff is only for web access to the server. I tested the included install scripts on ubuntu7.04 and they worked - so the directies named in script maklinux worked for me. I have no clue why or where the cgi-bin directory moved, and why it it is user specific on your server.

Marcel

• Thanks a lot for your reply. Now, I should not worry about the apache staff as I just want to set up the dicom server. I follow your instruction on linux mannul,

after chmod 777 maklinux_mysql, then type maklinux, the error up. (ps: i already set up the g++ in my linux box)

bash:maklinux:command not found. Then I type bash makelinux on the console. Some warings: multi-character character constant up and the final warning line is /tmp/cc jzfEKF.o: In function 'NamedPipe::Create()'; total.cxx:(.text+0x664a):warning:warning:fattache is not implemented and will always fail.

I do not know why this happens, I have follow my window dicom.ini and reconfigure the dicom.int in linux. It still happens like this.

Then I type the dgate -v -r which means regenerate the database, it asks me install libgtkada2-bin. Then i install it. The dgate -v -r still doesn't work. Could you plz explain more specific for me about the process of installation. I already rebuilt my Ubuntu. Hope it is same as yours. I know I am newbie in linux and dicom. However, I got extremly interested in it. Please help me out.

Thanks a lot.

Allen

• I have the same problem compiling ConQuest on Ubuntu 9.04
    ./maklinux_postgres end with a

/tmp/cc03YKlg.o: In function `NamedPipe::Create()':
    total.cxx:(.text+0x64c6): warning: warning: fattach is not implemented and will always fail

version

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!