Problem Retrieving from 1.4.13 Server

• Hi there --

We have several GE Advantage Sim 4.1 and 4.4 workstations that need to be able to transfer and retrieive from a 1.4.13 server. Conquest is running on a Windows 2003 Storage Server with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 as its backend. I implemented the bug fix, commenting out the line in the appropriate file, mentioned for this version of Conquest DICOM.

I can query the DICOM server without a problem. However, whenever I try to retrieve a patient from the server, the following error message appears on the Advantage SIM workstation:

Retrieve failed: <patient> Retrieve has failed from <Conquest>
    Check that the database is not full
    the image type is supported.
    Retry operation

I checked the log file, in debug mode, on the Conquest server, and the following text was shown:

Host <Advantage> did not accept the connection
    C-Move (PatientRoot)
    Server Command :=0fff
    Message ID :=0000
    Cancel request (ignored)

We have another Conquest server, version 1.4.8, running on a Windows XP system with a DBase backend. The same Advantage SIM workstations have no problem transferring, querying, and retrieving from this server. I have confirmed there is no firewall software running on any of the systems in question.

Has anyone seen this, and know what the solution is to it? Thanks.

• February 11, 2008

I have Conquest 1.4.12c running on one server and 1.4.13 running on another, connected to GE Advantage 4.0 workstation. I can query and retrieve CT, MR and CR without any problems, but for ultrasound images, I get same message " Please check that database is not full or Image type not supported" Did not have this problem with 1.4.11 version. Have not had any other problems with the software. Great compliments to the developers.

• Hi there --

I did comment out the LittleEndianExplicit line in the DGATESOP.LST file, and I made sure the "un" option was included in the Known DICOM Providers tab. If there is something else or in addition to the above, please let me know.

We did try one other configuration: We installed version 1.4.8 onto the server, and used the built-in DBASE III backend. That configuration is working without a problem. We have been able to query, push to, and pull from the server. We did test version 1.4.13 in a similar manner, but that combination did not work.

During our investigation, we discovered the operating system, Windows 2003 Storage Server, is the 64-bit version, while the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 is the 32-bit version. We are going to be purchasing the 64-bit version of the SQL server. One theory that came up is the disparity of the versions between the application and the operating system could be a factor. However, that does not explain the problem with version 1.4.13.

Thus, in our environment Conquest DICOM 1.4.8 with the DBASE III backend works, but version 1.4.13 with either DBASE or Microsoft SQL 2005 did NOT work.

Any ideas? Thanks.

• Hi,

sql server seems an unlikely cause. I guess a network sniff comparing 1.4.8 and 1.4.13 would be in order. Or try to replace dgate.exe with higher versions until it stops working.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!