Posts by kaplan71

Hello --

We have received a request to have ConQuest run on a Windows XP workstation. Please don't ask me why it has to be the Windows XP distribution.

Anyway, assuming that ConQuest will run on that platform, what service pack, sp1, sp2, or sp3, is a prerequisite in order for the program to work?

Thanks.

Hello --

We received a python script that is designed to do DICOM modification to the plans that have been received from a remote site. What we would like to do is the following:

1. Automate the execution of the script when a DICOM transfer is done to the ConquestDICOM server.
    2. Automate the DICOM transfer of the modified plan and images when the previous step is complete.

Can this be done, and if so, how can I do it?

Hi there --

I checked the dicom.ini file in cgi-bin, and the only reference to a server or remote host was the following:

Code
    # default IP address and port of DICOM server (may be non-local, web pages empty if wrong)
    # use version 1.4.12d up, if an older version is used the ActiveX viewer will not display images
    WebServerFor = 127.0.0.1
    TCPPort = 5678

I added entries based on the above example, and restarted the web and dicom servers. However, I did not see any reference on the web interface that would enable me to browse a remote dicom host.

Is there something else that I should do?

Hi there --

I completed the installation of the 1.4.14 beta without the optional jpeg support, and unfortunately the garbled text is still appearing on-screen locally and remotely. Here is a sample of what is being seen:

$�X����������t:����D$�D$f��$Ě.�Y������D$�D$f��$Ԛ.�wY���D$ ��D$D$�D$���D$���E��$�����E܉$��V���,��D$ ��D$

The server in question is running Fedora Core 5 with the bundled Apache 2.2.0 release along with php 5.1.4, and the Java 1.4.2 release. The dgate.html, and its affiliate files, is located in the /var/www/cgi-bin directory. What else do I need to do in order to correct this? Thanks.

Hi there --

We are going through the motions of installing version 1.413 of Conquest onto a Fedora Core 5 32-bit system. According to the Linux documentation, after running the chmod command on the three maklinux scripts, running, in our case, the maklinux script will compile and install the web interface.

The problem is, the web interface does not get installed because instead of a cgi-bin directory being created, a file of the same name is created instead. This means the dicom.ini and dgate.html files cannot be created afterwards. Here is the output we are seeing:

cp: accessing `/usr/lib/cgi-bin/dgate.html': Not a directory
    cp: accessing `/usr/lib/cgi-bin/dicom.ini': Not a directory

When I referenced cgi-bin at the above location, here is the information that I got on it:

ll /usr/lib |grep cgi
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 8997 Apr 7 15:43 cgi-bin

The host in question does have a bundled Apache server, and the location of the cgi-bin and html directories is /var/www. I modified the maklinux file to create its files in the cgi-bin directory. Once that was done, I started the apache server. The dgate html file did appear, but the output was garbled text. Here is a sample of what is seen:

D!

What do I need to do to correct this? Thanks.

Hi there --

I did comment out the LittleEndianExplicit line in the DGATESOP.LST file, and I made sure the "un" option was included in the Known DICOM Providers tab. If there is something else or in addition to the above, please let me know.

We did try one other configuration: We installed version 1.4.8 onto the server, and used the built-in DBASE III backend. That configuration is working without a problem. We have been able to query, push to, and pull from the server. We did test version 1.4.13 in a similar manner, but that combination did not work.

During our investigation, we discovered the operating system, Windows 2003 Storage Server, is the 64-bit version, while the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 is the 32-bit version. We are going to be purchasing the 64-bit version of the SQL server. One theory that came up is the disparity of the versions between the application and the operating system could be a factor. However, that does not explain the problem with version 1.4.13.

Thus, in our environment Conquest DICOM 1.4.8 with the DBASE III backend works, but version 1.4.13 with either DBASE or Microsoft SQL 2005 did NOT work.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Hi there --

We have several GE Advantage Sim 4.1 and 4.4 workstations that need to be able to transfer and retrieive from a 1.4.13 server. Conquest is running on a Windows 2003 Storage Server with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 as its backend. I implemented the bug fix, commenting out the line in the appropriate file, mentioned for this version of Conquest DICOM.

I can query the DICOM server without a problem. However, whenever I try to retrieve a patient from the server, the following error message appears on the Advantage SIM workstation:

Retrieve failed: <patient> Retrieve has failed from <Conquest>
    Check that the database is not full
    the image type is supported.
    Retry operation

I checked the log file, in debug mode, on the Conquest server, and the following text was shown:

Host <Advantage> did not accept the connection
    C-Move (PatientRoot)
    Server Command :=0fff
    Message ID :=0000
    Cancel request (ignored)

We have another Conquest server, version 1.4.8, running on a Windows XP system with a DBase backend. The same Advantage SIM workstations have no problem transferring, querying, and retrieving from this server. I have confirmed there is no firewall software running on any of the systems in question.

Has anyone seen this, and know what the solution is to it? Thanks.