gui process fails to close in win 2k + native mysql

• Hi,

Windows 2000 is on it way out so don't know if this is still important. Since native mysql was available on up till version 1412c, the gui process remains in the task manager process list even after closure of the gui interface. In fact if you open multiple dicomserver gui interface and close all of them, each of these processes will remain in the task manager. You will need to close each gui process in the task manager, just to release memory and handles in case you need to relocate your folder containing your dicomserver.

This does not occur on windows XP. Must be a windows 2000 bug? Have not tested on windows 2003 servers.

anatole

• Hi,

It seems that this problem goes away after win2k updates are installed. I only observed it in our non-updated unit with service pack 4. This initially used odbc driver and later was shifted to native mysql. The change was done by renaming the file USESQLSERVER to USEMYSQL, the odbc driver was then removed, mysql dll was placed within the server directory and MYSQL was set to 1 in dicom.ini. It could be this that's causing the problem?

A second win2k unit with updates does not exhibit the problem. I can't remember if this was a installed with native mysql on the initial setup.

Yes win2k is easier to manage.

anatole

• Hello,

I have identified the problem. This was a side effect of zonealarm
    firewall scan engine version 6. Upgrade to its new version 7 solved the problem. The win2k is running smoothly now.

anatole

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!