basis of study removal in Move or CleanThreshhold?

• Hi,

I am inquiring how conquest selects the least recently changed patients or least recently use patients in its selection of the study to be moved or deleted when using the Move/CleanThreshhold settings. Is it based on the date of the study; or date the file was written by windows or linux into directory MAG0; or the sequence that the study was listed in the DbaseIII or mysql database; or the last time the file or study was accessed using windows or linux last access time timestamp?

If it is not based on the oldest studydate is there a way to set it so that the patient with the oldest study date is the one that is deleted or moved. The reason is this request is that it would be a cool feature cuz you can just wait till the MAGxx fills up for the day or month or year and do a automated backup triggered by the date. Archiving can then be neatly cataloged by date.

thanks

anatole

• The system is simple:

The first patient entered in the database goes first. Note: a database regen puts all files into the database on directory order and will thus screw up the cleanup process. Need more coding for a better process.

Marcel

• Hi,

Thanks for the information. I did look at the device.cpp code and the database in mysql. There is a field for accesstime and i believe this is what the system uses as its basis for LRU patient. Not sure if it gets modified when study is retrieved again from time it was listed in database.

maybe a feature to modify the basis of archive, removal or move images using studydate can be a requested feature and be part of dicom ini. Just hopeful. I have very little programming background to really be much help in coding. but i will try to find somebody in our local GNU group. The code is c++ ?

anatole

• code is c++, but primarily a better sql query is needed for this change. Note that current selection is patients sorted on accesstime of first store in database. It should maybe be changed into patients sorted on latest studydate.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!