Dicom MG (for presentation)

• Hi,

we are planning conquest as main online archive (with MS SQL 2000 or 2005) in a mammo screening unit that is working with digital mammo stations (creation and viewing modalities) because we made the best experiences the last 1 1/2 years (great job Marcel).

Does conquest support Dicom DR or Dicom MG (for presentation)? I had a look at the SOP but could not find an entry for the MG or digitaly mammography issue.

Mike

• Sorry no not really,

MG (Digital Mammography X-Ray) is a modality like CT, MR, CR and so on. The question was intented for the storage of MG data in conquest.

Does conquest server store MG data for presentation and/or MG for processing e.g. CAD (-> Dicom Mammo CAD SR)?

Mike

• Hi clabbadia

sorry, was too fast with my first answer. With the stored raw data from Senographe 2000D in conquest is it possible to use them in a CAD system ?

Does store conquest MG images for presentation that can be queried from a mammo workstation ?

Mike

• Mike, I am just learning but feel I understand this process enough to comment on it although I may not use the correct terminology.

From the GE Mammo unit we push both raw and presentation images to 1.) offsite NDMA archive, 2.) Mammo workstation, and we push raw images to our CAD unit. We've been doing this for 3 years so our PACS has been the offsite archive.

We are able to retrieve both presentation and raw images from NDMA and pull these back to our Mammo workstation where we apply a GE enhancement I believe is called 'premium view'. In addition, we can retrieve from this archive raw images required for our CAD unit.

Conquest is storing both raw and presentation images which I am able to retrieve and apply the GE 'premium view' to, which I don't believe we could do if we did not have the raw image. Likewise for the CAD unit.

Hope this makes sense.

• What is folded skin detection in a Mammogram? Recently my wife (40 years old) had a mammogram and they are going to give her a second reading because of the detection of "folded skin" in her right breast. What is folded sin?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!