New idea for Restricting access

• Ok new idea
    This post will replace my last post about running several instances of Conquest on a single device.
    I simply cant get it to work, 10 instances of conquest seems to be the cut off point for a server running smoothly.
    So, I???????m thinking that maybe auto routing images to specific directories may be the answer.
    The goal here is when a referring provider logs into the Web viewer they are given that directory only.

So my question is has any one tried using a trigger that tells Conquest the automatically send files to a subdirectory of the data folder (i.e c:\\conquest\data\doc1??????doc2??????.doc3 and so on).
    This I guess would be similar to auto routing to virtual servers however id just want a single server running on a single database but have images sent to several folders on the storage drive.

The only catch here is I need to be able to add an unlimited amount of routing rules (10 is the cut off for virtual server routes added).

If any one has had success with this please let me know.

• Ok this is what IV got so far; it???????s the very basic of routing via conquest dicom.ini

ExportConverters = 2
    ExportCalledAE0 = *
    ExportCallingAE0 = *
    ExportModality0 = *
    ExportFilter0 = ReferPhysi LIKE 'Smith David'
    ExportConverter0 = ?????????????? (WTF?)

What I need now is to tell ExportConverter0 to send the images to D:\DICOM\dsmith
    And so on.

• any idea why this wont work??

ExportConverters = 2
    ExportCalledAE0 = *
    ExportCallingAE0 = *
    ExportModality0 = *
    ExportFilter0 = ReferPhysi LIKE 'Smith David'
    ExportConverter0 =forward to d:\DICOM\??????dsmith%??????

• I guess it would be easier to program a GUI to give limited access to the files, which are stored in one folder, so that the referring physician only can view the images of his own patients.

• I am working on a GUI (in JAVA), however my plan was to provide a viewing application and have Conquest do the PACS work.
    Is it possible to get Conquest to use xcopy or something similar with ExportConverters?
    An ideal example would be:

ExportConverters = 2
    ExportCalledAE0 = *
    ExportCallingAE0 = *
    ExportModality0 = *
    ExportFilter0 = ReferPhysi LIKE 'Doe, John???????
    ExportConverter0 =xcopy to d:\DICOM\jdoe

The file would be sent to the conquest server and stored in the MagDevice0, then copied or forwarded to the subdirectory. Conquest already does a great job of viewing the subdirectories and my Viewing application chooses the subfolder based on the login name and the list of rules applied to that login name.

So my opinion would be that if Conquest can read images and DICOM header info from Subdirectories then it should be possible to tell dicom.ini to apply info to those directories.
    For my own selfish reasons Id like to see all DOS commands in dgate, but for the time being if I could just find a way to copy. Or ExportMag or I guess it would be export to MAG (which may work I???????m about to try it)

Any idea???????s would be a great help.

• 3 options:

1) You can use importconverters to set storage to MAG0 .. MAG9.

2) You can use a flexible filenamesyntax organised as you like.

3) You can use exportconverters to copy files to other places

Exportconverters can copy files, but forward is to other servers. Please study the manual (it is terse but complete).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!