Simple WEB-DICOM-Viewer for Conquest

• Hi,

I will add WebCodeFilebase to the ini file: on MS IIS, you could download the ocx from the same place as dgate.exe: it downloaded then. Later I installed wamp and did not notice the problem that it cannot be downloaded from cgi-bin.

To change the settings you should edit the url in your browser, try appending e.g. &size=800&dsize=64. This will give a large image with very low resolution. By the way: dsize=0 is correct the viewer show all pixels. I will add a webdefaults section to the ini file to set all defaults. hspace and vspace 0 are OK. You can save the web page and edit it to your liking: let me know the best layout to put in dgate.exe.

The autolevel&window just loads level and window from the file. Usually works OK. Maybe Andreas can help there. The activeX is (exactly) the same viewer as in the GUI based on the K-PACS viewer.

Marcel

• OK . all installed and I can get series from database in viewer.

Problem though. Images are sometimes displayed in incorrect order. Ie, Knee MRI, Spin Echo sequence displays rt side of knee to center of knee, image#1->image#10 but then image 11 is lt side of knee and image 22 is center of knee.

Same study, from same database displays correctly in K-pacs.

Thoughts?

This was with most recent build dgate/activex posted copied to cgi-bin and diffs from bundled dicom.ini applied to mine.

• May be I am little bit silly but I am getting mad with the acticex control.
    Allthought I downloaded the latest version of dgate and the other files I am still not able to see ( download ) the images.
    So could anybody her be so kind to explain in simple words how to edit that ocx file if necessary or what exaktly to do.

• Bushranger: if its a white square, it cannot download/use the ActiveX: maybe take security level down? Does your browser support ActiveX - it should warn you when downloading the control.

Radtraveller: this is a bug in the slice sorting: noted.

Marcel

• I use the MS Internetexplorer 6.0 and I set the settings to allow activ X control, but the Image cant be downloaded, there appears only a little red cross like radtrevellor mentioned before.

• The red cross means that the activeX is not installed (registered). Probably it fails to download from your web server (can you see it when you opens the link to the WebCodebase?). You might also try the regsrv trick to get it going (see .. posts back).

Marcel

• I finally got it running.
    Do I understand right that I ve to activate the ActiveFormPro1.ocx on the dicomserver and the pc, from where I want to view the images?
    I did that in my case.

• Hi,

i've tried the webgate viewer of Eduard ( with MS SQL and IIS) this morning, and after 4 hours, it's about to work. I can search images but can't display them though.
    When i click on view, i only obtain grey thumbnails and if i click one, i get an error : error reading image : c\doc&settings.......0123456789.dcm
    It's the same thing with all cases.
    Searching is also a probleme for me : the only way to find an image is to type exactly its patient ID or patient name. Wildcards an partial name do not work at all.
    Any ideas ?

thanks

• Hi manzing & Andreas !

Short troubleshooting.

Test virtiual folder "img" work.
    1. Open any study
    2. Open HTML-source (in IExplorer goto View -> VIEW HTML-source)
    3. copy to clipboard URL to any image from PARAM name="DCMStudydata" value
    Like this

Code
    http://10.0.1.200/img/1.2.820.90987345775.98765.56563.275864.dcm
    don t copy THIS string for test - its study-specified UID

4. insert copied string in IEXPLORER adress and try download manualy
    Normaly you see file download dialog.

If else - virtual folder not work. See included manual

If NKI-compessed :( Sorry - we not support this method

• manzing
    partial name is working, I checked that. Wildcards not. I added the function to seek also by studydate which is also working.
    But with lossless compression it doesn t seem to work.
    And the the viewer doesn t display the overlay, so the image doesnt display the patients name ( at least in my case ), which is a big disadvantage.
    If all that probs could be corrected, it seems very promising.

• Hi all

I do not use compression at all.
    indeed, this seems to be caused by the access to virtual folder. Now i can browse it but i still can't view an image, and can't download it too (well, the file i download is about 3 Kb instead of 7000 Kb...)
    but this does not explain the search trouble. Maybe a parameter in SQL server ?

EDIT : well it's OK now, i had to put the mime type and the dcm extension in IIS properties in order to make it works.

but i still can't search with partial names.

• maybe its a prob of the FileNameSyntax, which cannot handle large numbers.
    I set it to 12and it as working than after having trouble before.
    But anybody here able to load the images with the overlay?

• i understand now.
    Search on partial name works only if using the begining of the name. we cannot use a part taken in the middle of the name. Also, partial name search does not work on the patient ID (my test study begin with CN and i cannot retrieve the study with that). Ithink it's not implemented.
    Bushranger, how can you search on study date ? this is very interesting !

For the overlay, i don't have anything printed on the image, but i don't know if something must be done to enable it.

Another thing : i can save only in BMP not JPEG. Is there anything to do before it is possible ?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!