[solved in 1.5.0 test3] dgate crashing upon receiving specific files from Syngovia (1.5.0-alpha-test2)

• Hi

I have a problem with dgate crashing upon receiving a 'SEG' type modality files. Typical study processed by Syngo contains few 'CT' series, few 'SR', and few 'SEG'.

From what I understand those 'SEG' files are some internal Syngovia files - I'm not even sure they are a proper dicom files to be honest.

Normally doctors are sending only 'ct' series to pacs, leaving out all others. However sometimes they miss-click or forget to uncheck those extra series so Syngo is trying to send all of them to pacs.

The problem is that this is totally crashing dgate64. There is nothing is the log but I looked only into standard log, I may try to set debug to 4 and force a crash again if you'd like.

System log however shows app crash as:

Code
    The DICOMARCH service terminated with the following error:
    Access is denied.

Strange.. cause dgate is running just fine otherwise so I have no idea what is it talking about.. access to what?

oh and also maybe this will help you:

I also tried to send the same 'SEG' file to older dgate server (this one is still running on 1.4.17d) and this one did not crash probably because it was caught by importconverter:

converter definition:

Code
    ImportConverter0 = ifequal "%m", "SR"; destroy;

No idea why it was caught by 'SR' filter :/... I'm pretty sure it's 'SEG' not 'SR' (at least Syngo shows it as 'SEG' not 'SR')

I tried to add same filter to my 1.5.0 but with no effect.. it crashed.

I'd like to send you a sample of this SEG file but I have no idea how to extract it from Syngo.. Efilm is not accepting it. I may try to remove the SR filter from the old server and see what will happen. Maybe it'll be able write it to hdd.

• Hi,

it does not crash for me. What OS are you on, and which version (exe date for windows) of 1.5.0alpha.

I used dcmtk dcmsend to send the image.

Marcel

• Code
    20190530 20:52:02 DGATE (1.5.0-alpha-test2, build Fri May 10 20:42:19 2019, bits 64) is running as threaded server

windows server 2012 R2 Standard

:/ I just tested this by dropping file in the 'incoming' folder and it crashed too...

• 7 848 448 bytes

[edit] it's dgate64.exe just to be clear. (there is no dgate.exe.. not sure why. I might have skipped it)

[edit2] I think I found the original file - it's from 3.V.2019 00:05

• Ok,

that is indeed the latest on github. Strangely when I copy the file to incoming it is not read, while if I copy safe.dcm it does. But is does not crash on my win8.1 travel laptop.

Marcel

• I forgot to mention (not sure if relevant) but this is being run as a service.

Crash is totally silent. No mention of it in the dgate log. The service just dies and the only mention of this is in the system log

Code
    The DICOMARCH service terminated with the following error: Access is denied.

I just tested this using debug 4 in the gui and this is what I get:

Code
    [DICOMARCH] 9999,0300 24 LO ConquestConsoleText "set debug level from GUI"
    [DICOMARCH] 9999,0400 12 LO ConquestConsoleComma "debuglevel:4"
    [DICOMARCH] set debug level from GUI
    [DICOMARCH] JPEG compress started.
    [DICOMARCH] Debug[CompressJPEG]: H = 512, W = 512, Bits = 1 in 1, Components = 1, Frames = 275
    [DICOMARCH] JPEG Lossless
    [DICOMARCH] , H = 512, W = 512, Bits = 8 in 8, Frames = 275
    *** Restarted dead server after error 7
    [DICOMARCH] Stopped zip and cleanup thread
    [DICOMARCH] User interface test: local server is running!

setting debug to 4, then dropping file in the 'incoming' then 3 lines and it dies and restarts after few sec

(I have to remove the file from incoming otherwise the service won't even start - throws 'access denied' and dies)

• Hi,

jpeg conversion was broken (for a long time) for non-8 or 16 bits data. I made it work but the file grew from 8MB to 9MB after compression. Therefore I decided to disable compression for data < 8bits (logs when debug logging is on). The source and executables (version test3) are now updated on GitHub.

Marcel

• That was it. It's no longer crashing on ver. test3

Also importconverter filter is correctly catching it as a 'SEG' and destroying :)

Code
    20190604 12:02:13 Importconverter0.1: destroyed received image
    20190604 12:02:13 Added file:

yay!

Thank you very much

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!