Virtual Server :: Automatically Delete Images

• Hi

I had setup virtual Servers in PACS and its working fine. My current setup is as follow:-

Main PACS Server : This act as a PRXOY Server. All Modalities forward images to this server and they are then routed to the Secondary Server.
    PACS Server A: Current LIVE Server.
    PACS Server B: Old Server. Only Reads data
    PACS Server C: Old Server. Only Reads data

Entries of all the servers are entered in each ones acrenema.map file. User query the MAIN PACS Server which then forward the query to configured servers and then retrieve patient data to its local HDD and then forward to requested client.
    Currently i have to manually delete images from the Main PACS Server that were retrieved from other servers. I only need to know how can i automatically delete the images from the Main PACS Server when it completely forward images to the requested client.

Secondly can i also have database less Main PACS Server just like we can have database less conquest router???

--HM

• Hi,

the virtual server function works best with the images on disk. I would suggest to use a nightly cleanup to delete the majority of the images. Not sure what would happen if you made it databaseless, this setup has not been tested. The queries would still go through, but not sure about the moves. You can give a try with a little test setup.

regards,

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!