Redirect incoming files to NAS

• Hi,
    I have tried to set up an export converter to move files with a specific AEtitle to a directory on a NAS server (e.g. \\myNAS\myShare\), but without success.
    I want the files to be moved without making a copy in the data directory, and I also want all necessary subdirectories (patient, study, series etc) to be created according to the FileNameSyntax. Is this possible at all?

Help much appreciated!

/Sven

• Hi Sven,

create multiple MAG devices and use an import converter to set the preferred device, e.g.,

MagDevices=2
    MagDevice0 = c:\dicomserver\data
    MagDevice1 = \\myNAS\myShare

[lua]
    ImportConverter9 = if Association.Calling=='SAMPLE' then Data.Storage = 'MAG1' end

Marcel

• Hi Marcel,
    Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, it did not work. Data still got written to c:\dicomserver\data, not to the network path. I also tried the 'storage' command (without using lua), but the result did not change. I use Association.Called, not Association.Calling, but I assume that doesn't matter.
    I'm now thinking about setting up a 2nd ConquestServer for handling this request, but this seems a very awkward solution.

Best / Sven

The Server status:

[CONQUESTSRV1] UPACS THREAD 1: STARTED AT: Thu Jan 07 09:44:05 2016
    [CONQUESTSRV1] Calling Application Title : "UUU "
    [CONQUESTSRV1] Called Application Title : "SLASK "
    [CONQUESTSRV1] Application Context : "1.2.840.10008.3.1.1.1", PDU length: 16384
    [CONQUESTSRV1] Presentation Context 0 "1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.4" 1
    [CONQUESTSRV1] Importconverter-1.0: sets preferred storage to MAG1
    [CONQUESTSRV1] Rewritten file: C:\dicomserver\Data\NNN.ima
    [CONQUESTSRV1] UPACS THREAD 1: ENDED AT: Thu Jan 07 09:44:05 2016
    [CONQUESTSRV1] UPACS THREAD 1: TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 0 SECONDS

The end of my dicom.ini looks like:

# Configuration of disk(s) to store images
    MAGDeviceThreshhold = 0
    MAGDeviceFullThreshHold = 30
    IgnoreMAGDeviceThreshold = 0
    MAGDevices = 2
    MAGDevice0 = C:\dicomserver\Data\
    MAGDevice1 = \\myNAS\myShare\SLASK\
    NightlyCleanThreshhold = 0

# Configuration of rules to modify, log or reject incoming DICOM slices
    ImportConverters = 1

[lua]
    ImportConverter0 = if Association.Called=='SLASK' then Data.Storage = 'MAG1' end

• Hi,
    Suddenly, the solution with Data.Storage = 'MAG1' worked, but I do not know why.
    Possibly, the failure could have been caused by: 1) I had more than one ocurrence of 'FileNameSyntax =' in dicom.ini, 2) I did not have a 'ImportCalledAE0 = ...'-statement after 'ImportConverters = 1', or 3) I had the dicom.ini open in Notepad while testing. :?:

The solution 'Data.Storage = 1' did not work.

Anyway, the forwarding works as expected now. Many thanks!

/Sven

• A follow-up: I think I know why I had these difficulties setting the import filter up:

1) The login ID and password to access the NAS were not the same when running ConquestServer as a service with nobody logged in to the computer, compared to when using the GUI while logged in to the computer. I found that the ID and passwd can be configured for the service (of course, this setting gets lost when uninstalling/reinstalling the service via the Conquest GUI).

2) An unexpected behaviour of the ConquestServer: it seems if a patient previously was stored to MAG0, if you then resend the same patient, it keeps being stored to MAG0, even if the import filter is pointing to MAG1. Is this true, and if so, is this behaviour intentional?

/Sven

• Hi,

1) indeed service users are a common issue - the service needs to have access permissions to the NAS

2) rewrite is indeed always to the same place. Otherwise it would need to delete the other (conflicting) entry as it would be orphaned.

Marcel

• I'm trying too to make my NAS the default storage, since my harddisk space is getting low.
    My dicom.ini settings are: Magdevices = 2 Magdevice0 = D:\ Magdevice1 = Z:\ (mapped NAS shared folder) ImportConverter0 = storage MAG1
    To avoid folder free space check, I use: IgnoreMAGDeviceThreshhold = 1
    This works all right on 2 LAN computer configuration, but not at all on my NAS, although file transfer via windows file system from computer to NAS succeeded.
    I think there might be a firewall / permission issue, because the message is: ***Error writing file: Z:\12233..."
    Help me, please, how to configure my synology NAS permission.
    Thanks.

• Hi,

if conquest runs as a service you cannot use drive mapping. Use e.g. \\znas\share instead (edit dicom.ini manually). And make sure the service user has access rights to the NAS, if needed chaning the service login through windows.

regards,

Marcel

• Try this:

stop the service

Control panel - admin tools - services

find server with AE title as name

double click

on tab login - change to this account - and fill in your account there

start the service

regards

Marcel

• Thank you, Marcel !
    This helped, indeed.
    So, let's conclude (for other NAS users facing same issue):
    1. make read/write rights on NAS GUI setting for user account you login with (in my case: admin)
    2. on windows PC: make new user account - the same you login to NAS GUI ( in my case: admin/mypassword)
    3. stop Conquest server, in services
    4. go to Conquest server properties / log on and change log on mode from Local system account to: This account - the new user you created (admin/mypassword)
    5. restart the service
    6. in dicom.ini set storage to NAS (as described above). save the file
    7. kill and restart conquest dicom server GUI.

Thank's once again for help. Regards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!