2KB Files received

• Hello All,

So yesterday my coworker was sending images that she had 17 patients out of 55 in total send 2KB files to the server. Could this happen if there are a lot images being sent to the server at once?

• Hi,

we once had an issue with a temporary folder used for decompression that several dgate processes were sharing, while the UIDBase was set identically. Could it be something like this?

A busy workload should not disrupt operation. I have test scripts that do just this and I have never seen file corruption.

Marcel

• My manager wants to know if this could happen because of user permissions or even an anti-virus? I have 2 severs running for different companies. I went back through and checked the company I am scanning for and out of 2455 patients scanned in. One patient had only 3 images that were 2kb in size. Where as my coworker has scanned in 2379 patients and has had 130 images plus that were 2kb in size. We have changed the switch at her desk to see if it makes a difference.

• Hi,

user permissions would not affect isolated files - it would affect everything. Anti-virus might do this but I have had no reports of it. What is feeding the two systems again - a specific scanner? The files look like pixel data never got sent in the first place.

I can probably devise a script that would trigger a message when a truncated file comes in. Would that be helpful?

Marcel

P.S. It is UIDPrefix.

• Thanks Marcel. We are using Vidar Diagnostic Pro Advantage Digitizers. If you could add that into or make a script that would be amazing. Thank you.

As for the UIDPrefix. I have not changed that at all. Only line I have changed is the FileNameSyntax.

• Hi,

It is essential to change UIDPrefix (e.g. minimally add .1 .2 .3 .4 .5 at the end) between servers. Temp files are generated based on UIDprefix, date, time and a counter. They may overlap if they wind up in the same (temp) folder causing potential mixing data of patients and other data corruption. Not sure this is your issue though.

The windows GUI sets UIDPrefix on install.

Marcel

• Hello Marcel,

Now that would be based on if the 5 servers are up and running at the same time correct? The way we run the servers are as follows. Sending from Clinical Express to the specific hospital server then once the Clinical Express database has been dumped we close the hospital server. So we only have 1 server running at a time for a limited time at that.

Lance

• Hi,

this will generate en error message in case of missing pixel data:

[lua]
    ImportConverter0 = if Data.PixelData==nil then print('*** error; no pixel data received ***') end

They will wind up in file PacsTrouble.log.

Marcel

• Good Evening Marcel,

I have insert the code into the dicom.ini files on the servers we use often. I just hope we can figure this issue out. My boss was thinking about wiping the computer out and starting fresh. I told him I will ask on the idea, but I don't think it will help much. Do you think that the dcm is losing the pixel data before getting to the server or when it goes to the server to get stored?

Thanks,
    Lance

• Hi,

the script statement works on the received data. I am pretty sure the data is corrupted as it comes in - I have not have any report of a similar issue.

Which version, OS and database do you use again?

Marcel

• Good Afternoon Marcel,

We are running Windows 7 Pro 32 bit, The version of conquest server was 1.4.17. There was an issue with the computer this morning so my IT department is going to wipe the system and install fresh. I will then install 1.4.17d on the computer and we can go from there.

Thanks,
    Lance

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!