setup a DICOM server

• Hi All,

I am new to conquest dicom implementation.

I have one question regarding this DICOM server.

Do i need to setup a DICOM server (Database) in our end or they have their own server and we will communicate through our APIs?

Kind Regards,
    prakash

• Hi Marcel,

Thank you for replying.

I have one question ,

You mean that i have to set up a server in our end and when user will want to view the images we will send the data from our server.
    No third party server/ hosting will be involved in hosting our MRI files/ data. Right ?

Thanks,
    prakash

• Hi Marcel,

Thank you for time.

So there is no hosting possible for our MRI files/ data in your server ?

Could you tell me :
    1> Is there any other server exits so that i can host my files there with using some API (i can send the format of data according to your requirement) and return back to me for view the image ?
    2> For view the image i will need any third party viewer ?

Kind Regards,
    prakash

• Sorry, we have trouble communicating.

conquest will recieve images from the scanner, store the images on disk and send them out again to a viewer of choice when commanded to do so. There is a build-in viewer in the windows version of the conquest system, but it is fairly limited. There is a web viewer as well. If you have image files, you can use command line "dgate --addimagefile:filename" to add them into the server, instead of DICOM.

Marcel

• Sorry for the inconvenience Marcel,

I know these questions might be related/ same as questions that i asked previously, but before implementing Conquest in our application i want to be clear in few things.

I am looking for a third party server/ service which can host and manage our MRI files/ images on their end and provide data through our web API whenever required.
    Does Conquest have their own server which can host and manage MRI files/ images on their end OR would we need to setup a server on our end to keep those MRI files/ images?

Thanks & Regards
    Prakash

• Hi Prakash,

conquest can store MRI image, and has a few web interfaces (when used with Apache): a private one, which can generate e.g. jpeg images, show headers, query databases, and a WADO interface, that can only generate contents: jpeg/gif/txt.

Hope this answers it. But just spend a few hours exploring the system. It is free, after all.

Marcel

• Hi Marcel,

Maybe I was not clear enough. We are looking for a complete solution, dicom image storing + dicom client. Basically we are looking for a solution where we can embed the DICOM viewer to our web application and the viewer would pull the images from it's own server. We don't want to be managing the files nor have the bandwidth to serve these huge files.

Is this something that CONQUEST can provide, the whole solution ?

Thanks,
    prakash

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!