Eportconverter running Linux

• Hi,

I'm trying to use an exportconverter to create Jpeg images in a seperate folder:

Code
    ExportConverters = 1
    ExportConverter0 = mkdir /data/Jpeg/%i/%V0008,0020 ; dcmj2pnm +oj +Wm --scale-x-size 600 %f /data/Jpeg/%i/%V0008,0020/%b.jpeg

but nothing seems to happen. Yes, I have sufficient rights to write, yes dcmtk is installed.
    Is this a syntax problem?
    Any clues?

Chris

• Hi

I changed the ExportConverter0 line in:

Code
    ExportConverter0 = mkdir -p /data/Jpeg/%i/%V0008,0020 ; dcmj2pnm +oj +Wm --scale-x-size 600 %f /data/Jpeg/%i/%V0008,0020/%b.jpeg

and it works.

FYI, for my test, there was a space in the patient ID (%i).
    Using spacings in directory names is not done under linux, you shoud replace them with an underscore or something, otherwise subdirectories will not be created.So the "%i" value shouldn't have spaces.
    Using the command mkdir with the argument -p creates also the subdirectories you need.

Chris

• Hm,

if you use

nop mkdir -p /data/Jpeg/%i/%V0008,0020

The log while show the expanded command. This is what I intended. Not sure why the nop would make a difference. However, the parser is sensitive to spacing. Try:

mkdir "/data/Jpeg/%i/%V0008,0020"; dcmj2pnm +oj +Wm --scale-x-size 600 "%f" "/data/Jpeg/%i/%V0008,0020/%b.jpeg"

Marcel

• Hi Marcel,

Just changed my earlier post of today,

It's a matter of spacings and directories under Linux.

I'll have to create an import converter to replace spaces with underscores or so what.

Thanks a lot anyway.

Chris

• Hi,

I'll try your quotes out this coming weekend.
    Nevertheless, spaces in filenames/directories are allways a caveat in an Unix environment and should be avoided - and thus also in a Windows environment, especially communicating with Unixes as Linux.
    Most Unixes comminicate with Windows and reverse.

Chris

• Hi

This is working:

Code
    ExportConverter0 = mkdir -p /data/Jpeg/"%i"/%V0008,0020 ; dcmj2pnm +oj +Wm --scale-x-size 600 %f /data/Jpeg/"%i"/%V0008,0020/%b.jpeg

No importconverters needed, just surround your variable with quotes when you expect special characters as "space" in it.

Chris

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!