Using dgate as DICOM server?

• Is there any way to use dgate.exe or dgateserv.exe or one of the executables that come with ConQuest via command line to run a DICOM server that just listens on a certain port and writes whatever it receives to a certain directory on the file system? Or, use the dicom.ini file?

The reason I ask is because I'd like to consider running dgate.exe as a service by itself just so I'll have a DICOM listener running on the server. I don't need the full PACS functionality that ConQuest provides.

Thanks,

• Hi,

sure. Dgate.exe is the server. Try running it with dgate -v. You can very likely run it with a NULL database to store directly store incoming images with requiring a database (remove the database items from dicom.ini). I would start from a freshly installed server and strip away files.

Marcel

• ok Marcel, let me know if I understand:

i need the same use as descrived above. I compile each time a dicom.ini with the new folder in which export converter should put the incoming images.
    After compiling the dicom.ini i run c:\conquest\dgate.exe --read_ini

It works. but I need the service, following your suggestions, i copy only these files in a folder c:\conquest
    dgate.dic
    dgatesop.ls
    dicom.sql
    dicom.ini
    dgate.exe

my setup compiler, inno setup, failed to register dgate.exe as service and i don't need the conquest GUI. How can I do this task? If i put the istruction:
    run c:\conquest\dgate.exe -v before run c:\conquest\dgate.exe --read_ini
    what will happen? it will remain running in background? Do I have to stop the dgate service after retrieving images? how?

regards,
    cirollo

• Hi,

you need dgateserv.exe:

E:\dicomserver>dgateserv /?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DgateServ usage help
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DgateServ /install : install service
    DgateServ /install DomainName\Username Password : install service in account
    DgateServ /uninstall : uninstall service
    DgateServ /start : start service
    DgateServ /start arg1 arg2 etc : start with command line args
    DgateServ /stop : stop service
    DgateServ /? : this help

Optional flags:
    /service NAME : servicename; use to install a service more times
    /machine NAME : remote machine on which service (will) run
    /exename NAME.EXE : local exe path (use with /install for remote machine)
    /process NAME args: overrule exe to run as slave (use with /start)

E:\dicomserver>dgateserv /install
    Service Dgate service installed.

E:\dicomserver>dgateserv /start
    Service Dgate service is not running, trying to start.
    Starting service.

E:\dicomserver>dgateserv /start
    Service Dgate service is not stopped.

E:\dicomserver>dgateserv /stop
    Service Dgate service is not stopped, trying to stop.

Service Dgate service stopped.

E:\dicomserver>dgateserv /uninstall
    Service Dgate service uninstalled.

Marcel

• Thanks Marcel!

It seems to work great!
    Another Question I didn't ask You is about dicom loops.
    How they are converted using ExportConverters? It creates more jpgs automatically???

Let me know....

Regards,
    ciro

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!