ACRNema.Map for Wan and Lan access

• I have a single dicom device (MR) and a single conquest server setup local to that dicom device. Images are moving from the dicom device to the conquest server without incident. We have port 7777 setup in ACRNema for this.

I have several remote locations, each with one workstation, and these are pulling images without incident. These are all using port 104.

I am ready to install my first viewing workstation locally and I am wondering if it needs to be on a different port than 104 or if I can use 104 like the remote workstations. Also, when I add a second local workstation, can that use 104 too or should that be set to use yet another non 104 port .

I guess I am a bit confused about the use of the ports in the LAN environment as I typically consider the ports only when traffic is moving across a nat router.

Lastly, I would find it helpfull if I could see (redacted) versions of a few different ACRNema.Map files. If others agree, perhaps someone will start a topic here for that purpose.

• Hi,

So your server uses port 7777, and your viewers port 104. There is no reason not to use port 104 for a local viewer, as the server ONLY uses port 7777, while thew viewers only use port 104.

ACRNEMA.MAP

Code
    CONQUESTSRV1 127.0.0.1 7777 as
    LOCALVIEWER 127.0.0.1 104 un
    REMOTEVIEWER xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 104 un

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!