Posts by ZweigSRDC

Had an older server that was recently replaced. Looking at the new system, there are just a few folders (with images present) that do not show up in the database. Have tried to regenerate the database but this did not work. Is there a way to manually add just a single folder without doing a full regeneration so I can more easily see the error?

Yes, I am replacing K-Pacs on windows 7 machine. Even with the inbound rule set to allow port 104, images do not come. The only way around this that I have found so far is to turn the firewall off completely.

Maybe someone else has done this successfully?

Have been using Windows XP with no issues to connect to a remote Conquest server. I am in the process of replacing this with a Windows 7 machine. On this new machine, with the firewall turned off, I am able to pull images with no issues. Once the firewall is turned on, I continue to get the study list but image retrieval is refused as per Conquest server.

K-PACS communicates with Conquest via ports 5678/104. I have attempted to add port 104 as an inbound rule but this still does not seem to resolve the issue.

If anyone has details as to how to do this correctly I would be most appreciative.

Marcel:

Thank you for the reply.

The USStorage line you reference is already in dgatesop.lst, so this is not the issue.

I installed trial version of IQ-View Pro 2.8.0.101 and am able to send from it to conquest without issues. It seems the problem resides with KPACS (version 1.5.0).

I am on conquest version 1.4.13 (perhaps this is the issue) and have been for some time. To this we have been pushing images from an MRI machine for several years. Recently, I was given some diagnostic ultrasound images on disc that I have to push to conquest. I am trying to do this by importing them into kpacs and then sending them to conquest.

I can send MRI images from KPACS to Conquest this way with no issues. When I attempt this with the ultrasound images however, I receive the following error on Conquest:

[CONQUESTSRV1] Application Context : "1.2.840.10008.3.1.1.1"
    [CONQUESTSRV1] Presentation Context 0 "1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.6.1"
    [CONQUESTSRV1] *** Association rejected: you may need to add the listed presentation context as sop to dgatesop.lst

I am wondering if perhaps this will be resolved by upgrading to the latest version of conquest?

Also, I have edited the last two lines of dgatesop.lst to read as follows:

JPEG2000LosslessOnly 1.2.840.10008.1.2.4.90 transfer LittleEndianExplicit
    JPEG2000 1.2.840.10008.1.2.4.91 transfer LittleEndianExplicit

I have also tried setting "IncomingCompression" in dicom.ini to "un" and "uj" as well as in ACRNEMA.MAP

I have tried this from two different machines running KPACS and the same issue is seen on both. Both of these machines will send MRI images.

Comments and suggestions appreciated

I am using the corect version of dicom.ini

Source follows

EDIT:
    I changed the Webscriptaddress from
    WebScriptAddress = http://192.168.1.20/cgi-bin/dgate.exe

to

WebScriptAddress = http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/cgi-bin/dgate.exe (Where x = WAN IP address)

Now I am getting the text information related to the study but still no actual images images

Thank you this worked to get me to the main page. Then When I query by Patient ID I can get to the list of selected patients and drill down to the selected studies followed by the series list. From here if I select view I get the viewing window with slice 1 of x but the window is black with no images.

I have attempted to view also just an individual image rather than the entire servies but again I see only a black image.

Conquest ver 1.4.13 is installed to C:\Conquest
    MAGDevice0 is set to D:\DICOMImages
    Apache 2.2 install is typical

I am able to access the Index.html ("IT WORKS") page from lan and wan so my apache setup and routing is good.

I have copied the 3 files (exe, ini and ocx) to cgi-bin folder and also copied the ocx file to htdocs folder (where it now sits next to index.html)

I have edited dicom.ini in the cgi-bin directory as follows

Code
    [sscscp]
    MicroPACS = sscscp
    kFactorFile = c:\conquest\dicom.sql
    TruncateFieldNames = 10
    WebServerFor = 192.168.1.20
    TCPPort = 5678
    WebReadonly = 0
    WebCodeBase = http://192.168.1.20/
    WebScriptAddress = http://192.168.1.20/cgi-bin/dgate.exe
    WebMAG0Address = http://192.168.1.20/mag0

No matter how I attempt to access now, from wan and or lan, I continue to receive "IT WORKS". I started and stopped the appache server and still the same thing.

I assume I am missing something simple. Any advice is appreciated

I am on K-PACS 1.5.0

Is it possible to make it so that burned CD's open in a specific format. For example:

Autocontrast Every Image - enabled for each CD burned

Tile Screen set to 3x1 for each CD burned

Also - perhaps I would like to get each of the 3 tiled screens to populate with a variable selection of series (not just 1,2 and 3) which would vary from CD to CD (i.e. one cd opens with series 2, 3 & 4 but another with 2, 4 & 6)

If these are features that cant be obtained with this version of the s/w, is there an alternate s/w that I may use to get the desired result

ty

I have a single dicom device (MR) and a single conquest server setup local to that dicom device. Images are moving from the dicom device to the conquest server without incident. We have port 7777 setup in ACRNema for this.

I have several remote locations, each with one workstation, and these are pulling images without incident. These are all using port 104.

I am ready to install my first viewing workstation locally and I am wondering if it needs to be on a different port than 104 or if I can use 104 like the remote workstations. Also, when I add a second local workstation, can that use 104 too or should that be set to use yet another non 104 port .

I guess I am a bit confused about the use of the ports in the LAN environment as I typically consider the ports only when traffic is moving across a nat router.

Lastly, I would find it helpfull if I could see (redacted) versions of a few different ACRNema.Map files. If others agree, perhaps someone will start a topic here for that purpose.

I Attempted to remove the images from the database as described above but this was unsuccessfull.

I consider that I could remove the file folder from the file system (outside of Conquest) and then re-push the images from the DICOM device.

What are the ramifications of a deletion this way?
    If I do this, do I need to re-initialize the database?
    Is this Ill advised?

In our scheme we use a unique ID number for each study. In this way, a patient with multiple studies is listed with separate numbers and thus may appear more than once in the system. The naming convention for MRI is MR######. I mention this as a point of information only.

We have a supermicro system with raid 5 and four drives. We have had twice now a single drive failure (same drive bay each time). The Os is Win2k3 64 bit. There are ample resources as this is a dedicated PACS.

In the last restore we had data corruption and so I have been using the user interface to manually delete each "patient" via MR number as described above. When the "patient" is deleted, the image is repushed from the DICOM device.

This is a relatively new install and so this is not so time consuming as one would think.

This has been progressing nicely save for a recent problem which is this:

There are a growing number of studies that I simply seem not to be able to remove via the user interface. I am following the same method as I have with numerous successes to this point. That is, from the user interface/browse database tab I enter the MR number in the patient filter box, when I see the "patient" I am interested in I right mouse click and choose delete patient (the last choice) from the shortcut menu.

Where this has previously resulted in the removal of the patient and the study from the system and a msg in the view window to the right that says "image file not found". Now on numerous patients I am receiving a message that says "Patient is being deleted" but the patient never does get deleted.

I am running 1.4.13

If anyone has any ideas I am most appreciative

I have read the item on this topic and have an additional question.

I work on the pacs server remotely and have limited physical access to the DICOM devices themselves. For this reason there are times when I prefer to re-push images to PACS.

My example:

I have patientID 0001 with a single study stored on PACS.

The same patient is given PatientID 0002 and another single study is perfomed and pushed to PACS.

May I delete patient 0002 from the PACS server, change the PatientID in the DICOM device itself and then re-push the image to the PACS server?

Of course, this may only be achieved if the data is still stored on the DICOM device.

Thanx

I have setup connection with K-PACS from a remote location where there is static WAN IP. This was simple via AE/IP/PORT/Compression entry in "known DICOM Providers" tab.

My question is, what is the preferred method of setup at a remote location where there is dynamic rather than static IP.

I am moderately tech savvy and am interested to know if I can run my radiology department (2 DICOM modalities as of now - 150 - 200 studies per month) from either ConQuest or K-Pacs.

I am also wondering what the difference is between these two items.

If you can point me to a primmer, that would be appreciated.

Steven