Conquest capabilities

• Hello, i just installed the conquest server and played a bit with it. It seams very versatile ! Actually I would like to ask a few questions which regard direclty the use I would like to make of the server.

1. From what i understood from the documentation i can add any number of new fields inside the dicom.sql file. Can I also remove fields which are not needed ( of course these which are not used as keys in linking the various tables together ) ?

2. Is it possible to add fields to the database which are private tags inside the incoming dicom files , if I also add these private dicom tags to the dgate.dic ?

3. Not strictly conquest but : is it possible to determine when a complete study for a given patient has been received and trigger some action when this is the case ?

What I am trying to do is as follows : I receive mammography images from just one acquisition station. On receiving the last image for a series I would like to add this new series to a "to process" list. Than I would like to call an external CAD executable to process the "to process" list. Finaly, when results are available from the CAD system I would like to store them in the database as structured report files and also send these sr to another workstation for viewing.

The question is : is it possible to accomplish this workflow using the conquest server ? What do you think would be the best way to do something like this ( sql stored procedures or conquest filters or maybe write another service/daemon that accesses the conquest database and monitors for new unprocessed series ) ?

Thanks so much for your time

• Hi,

1. From what i understood from the documentation i can add any number of new fields inside the dicom.sql file. Can I also remove fields which are not needed ( of course these which are not used as keys in linking the various tables together ) ?

Sure you can, but some server capabilities expect some fields to be present. Always regenerate the database after editing dicom.sql. But there is no big need to remove fields, expect when you are really short on storage.

2. Is it possible to add fields to the database which are private tags inside the incoming dicom files , if I also add these private dicom tags to the dgate.dic ?

That is certainly possible. I do believe it would work for text fields even if dgate.dic is not adjusted. Any dicom tag can be read by Import and ExportConverters.

3. Not strictly conquest but : is it possible to determine when a complete study for a given patient has been received and trigger some action when this is the case ?

Try: Importconverter0 = process series after NN by ......
    Where .... can generate any command line (not containing a ';' )

What I am trying to do is as follows : I receive mammography images from just one acquisition station. On receiving the last image for a series I would like to add this new series to a "to process" list. Than I would like to call an external CAD executable to process the "to process" list. Finaly, when results are available from the CAD system I would like to store them in the database as structured report files and also send these sr to another workstation for viewing.

The question is : is it possible to accomplish this workflow using the conquest server ? What do you think would be the best way to do something like this ( sql stored procedures or conquest filters or maybe write another service/daemon that accesses the conquest database and monitors for new unprocessed series ) ?

Hi, the command above was made for such a task. If you can genrate the SR yourself, a "dgate --addimagefile:" would load it into the server.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!