Dicom-Print-Router?

• What should I do if I wanted to do the following:

Three parallel networks (TCP/IP, one 10/100 Mbit, two 10Mbit. Different address-spaces, for each vendor one :( )
    All three networks are connected to a Conquest PACS server (with three network cards)
    We have a laser camera with only one network adapter.

How could I rout dicom print-jobs from every one of the three networks to one computer (like the conquest-server) and connect him to the laser camera?

The most elegant would be to let the conquest server do the job, collecting the pritn jobs and routing them to the camera.

Thanks for any input.

Alexander

• Hi,

conquest does not have printer routing, but test.exe (in dicomlib.zip) has a print request forwarding tool:

test -fp incomingport outgoinghost outgoinghost loglevel

I used this to monitor printer communication; it might also work for your task. If all 3 scanners talk to conquest they might all 3 talk to test.exe. Best start test.exe 3 times, once for each scanner on a different port. The forwarder does not like a lot of concurrent traffic.

Marcel

• Thank you, that looks great. A few questions remain:

test -fp incomingport outgoinghost outgoinghost loglevel

sorry for the beginner question: you specified outgoing host twice. You mean camera IP and port?

something like

>test -fp 4711[listening port] 172.nn.nn.n [camera-IP] 0815[camera-port] s[as 'small log' or similar] ?

>test.exe

gives
    >usage: dicom [-v filename ] | [-l:local_acr_nema] [-r:remote_acr_nema] [-s<e|s|c>|e|f|m] [-1]<host &| port>

=>???

Thank you

• sorry to bring this thread back to life from the dead.. but I have just one question..
    I need to do something somewhat similar..

I have 6 McKesson PACS systems that are all sharing the same DICOM Printer for printing Mammo's - unfortunately each system identifies itself with the AE of ALI_SCU ( I was wondering if there was a tool that I could use to send to that would forward and change the AE title) something like this tool I hope.. (but what AE title would this test.exe use when it forwards? and is it configurable at all?)

Thanks!

--Jason

• Hi Jason,

it forwards the original called and caller. But I guess it would be possible to add a parameter to overrule this. Can you first try to get test.exe running as print forwarder? Then we can try to add the extra parameter.

Marcel

• Hi, guys i came across this thread which seem like a very promising solution for my enviroment. My question is: where do i download the test.exe (in dicomlib.zip)?

will definately apreciate your reply on this!

Thanks!

• This is the 'documentation'.

test -e HOST PORT NKI1 NKI2 echo client

test -f -l:CALLER -r:CALLED host port QUERYLEVEL PATID STUDYDATE SERIESNUMBER find client

test -m -l:CALLER(dest) -r:CALLED host port QUERYLEVEL PATID STUDYDATE SERIESNUMBER move client

test -se PORT echo server

test -ss PORT storage server

test -sc PORT storage/echo server

test -fe PORT host port loglevel forward PORT to host:port

note: loglevel 0(default)=log nothing,

1=log request commands

2=+log request data and response command

3=+log all except image data

4=+log all including image data

loglevel2 is used for logging in auto-return thread

test -fb PORT host port loglevel loglevel2 forward PORT to host:port and return GATEWAY:1233 to V%ip:1234

test -fp PORT host port loglevel as -fe mode but for printer tests

test -ff PORT host port loglevel as -fe mode but fixis Fhilips and Kodak patient ID

10 digit: strips 2 or 3 leading zeros, 8 digits: strips 1 leading zero

test -t file host port store file on host:port

test -v file dump file

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!