Adding ReferringPhysician in Worklists

• Hi, again a question... sorry, i hope my tutorial on installing conquest with mysql on linux will compense my amount of questions.
    I am trying to add the ReferPhysician field in Worklist.
    So i added the following line in dicom.sql:
    { 0x0008, 0x0090,"ReferPhysician", 64, SQL_C_CHAR, DT_STR, "---" ),

But when in Agfa NX, i try to request the worklist, this field is not displayed.
    Should I replace the "---" by something else?
    Is this field usable for worklists?
    I have wasted a couple of hours to try to solve this problem but found nothing.

I also have a problem with the PatientSex field, i use M or F but it is not displayed in NX.
    NX asks me the mapping type of the worklist, i chose DefaultDicomMapper. Does this have an influence?

Thanks in advance if someone has an idea.

• the "---" is supposed to be replaced with the HL7 message segment that contains the referring physician.

personally I use Mirth (http://www.mirthproject.org) to do a direct HL7 feed in to the conquest database. and fill in all the fields that are possible.

you can also use http://www.image-systems.biz/content/view/222/293/lang,en/ (IQ DicomTest) to query your conquest worklist to make sure that the results being returned are accurate. anything that your machine is not seeing, would be a problem with the machine, and I would contact AGFA regarding.

• Hi,

look at a sample of your data (and the sample.hl7 that I included). It is easy to determine the segment visually. For instance when you use segment "OBR.3" The first 3 characters correspond with the first 3 characters in line of the HL7 message. The "3" means it looks after the 3rd separator in that line.

Marcel

• Hi,

HL7 data should come from your hospital information system to fill in the worklist. Otherwise a worklist has little meaning. In the installation files of the server, a sample HL7 file is included. Hl7 files can be loade with drag and drop or with a batch file. Search for HL7 in the manual

Marcel

• Thanks, in fact, i am filling-in the worklist database through the web interface i developped by myself.
    So i will have a look in the windows-package because there is no hl7 file in the linux one.

• if you are filling in the worklist database through a web interface, then you do not need to mess with any HL7
    just populate the dicomworklist table in your conquest database with your schedule data. now if you're using a Health Information System or Radiology Information System (Meditech, or Synergy, Etc.) then your scheduled radiology orders would be sent out of an HL7 interface to an interface that can dump in to the Conquest Database (Mirth) or to a file folder (nule.org HL7Comm) for dgate.exe to process..

sounds to me like you're not using a HIS or RIS though. so you'll just want to write your data to whatever database you're using for scheduling and sync the appropriate fields with the dicomworklist table in the conquest database.

• Hi,

So you can just add fields to worklist in dicom.sql, clear the worklist database (that recreates it) and see if your fields appear. Note: copy the new dicom.sql to our web interface to make it recognize the new fields as well.

Marcel

• Hi,

HL7 data should come from your hospital information system to fill in the worklist. Otherwise a worklist has little meaning. In the installation files of the server, a sample HL7 file is included. Hl7 files can be loade with drag and drop or with a batch file. Search for HL7 in the manual

Marcel

Thanks for highlighting the importance of HL7 data integration for a meaningful worklist in the hospital information system. Your suggestion to check the manual for information on loading HL7 files is valuable for ensuring seamless implementation. Additionally, if you're interested in exploring more about the importance of health management information systems, you might find this resource helpful:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!