Field Mapping for empty fields

• Hi all.
    I have a new strange question i don't know how to solve it.
    One of my modality (US) doesn't fill in the StudyDate, only the SeriesDate, but i need this first field for my viewer.

Is it possible to copy the content of SeriesDate in StudyDate when the Manufacturer field contains a certain value corresponding to my US ?

Am i on the right way with this? :

Code
    ImportConverter0 = ifequal "%xxxx,yyyy" , "USModality" , set xxxx,yyyy to "%xxxx,yyyy"

Thanks in advance.

• Great, it works !!!
    Also, with this modality, every space in the PatientName is replaced by ^.
    Do you think it is possible to correct it and make conquest replace every ^by a space?
    Or should i create a routine in php to correct the mysql table every hour?

Thanks again for the many times you help us.

• Hi,

no luck for this question: there is currently no option to do character replacement. And changing the database nightly is not a good idea either since the images and the database would then be inconsistent. I.e., a query would then give a different patient name as a retrieve.

Marcel

• hmm, I had an Idea on this, you could use Mirth (the opensource HL7 engine that can also speak DICOM) - if you send from your US to mirth, you can write a custom transformer in mirth (uses javascript) to do a replace in the dicom header of any character with whatever you would like, and then have it forward on to conquest) you can install mirth on the same box as conquest.

it would be a dirty way of doing what you want, but it would be a way of doing it.

although it would be a much better way than doing a DB update nightly.. :D

• Thanks for your mail.
    I will have a look at mirth.
    For now, I have written a routine which renames patientName as soon as a user of the web interface displays the list of the patients.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!