Connection problems from CQ Console

• Hi,

Config:
    Windows server 2003 in VMWare connected to EMC Raid
    Conquest ver 1.4.14 release 20080902 (PACSCHV 127.0.0.1 5678 un)
    K-PACS V 1.6.0 (KPPACS 127.0.0.1 104 un)

I have an issue when trying to look at KPacs patient file list from my CQ console.
    Conquest and K-PACS are running on the same machine, are known to each other (entries in acrnema.map and dicom.txt), i have access to the patient list CQ via K-PACS (with notification of calling AET, called AET in the log of CQ), no problems of query/retrieve via K-PACS.

When i start a query from CQ console to K-PACS, i get following error message:
    ------------ working --------------
    *** DICOM query error (patient ID = *) : Unable to connect
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Total of -1 item(s) found

In the log of K-PACS i get no notification of this query.

Same issue for all distant DICOM-nodes, but above mentioned configuration seems to be strange while all network issues are excluded...

Any ideas? I'm sure i overlooked something also i've read the manual and all topics concerning com-probs at least three times ...

Sincerely,

Wilhelm

• 1. I'm using MYSQL 5.0.67 win32 with native MYSQL-driver (Database check witout problems, access to database via query for PACSCHV on CQ console with normal response)

2. Yes, it's running in the same virtual machine (custom installaton on C:\K-PACS for K-PACS and C:\dicomserver for Conquest on the same local disk)
    Firewall is deactivated, no antivirus (and no connection to internet...)

By the way, i got an error message, when i tried to install Conquest as multiple NT services (with alt-right clicked), like "5678 is not an integer value" so i stayed at last on a single threaded server. But this issue has really minor importance.

Thank's for this fast reaction,

Wilhelm

• Hi,

I believe that retrieve works and query not, because the KPACS server cannot be queried, it just supports storage. In any case, I get the same response with my very old KPACS 0.951 install.

Added the "5678 " issue to the bug list.

Marcel

• Hi,

you're perfectly right, K-PACS cannot be queried, a parallel installation of Conquest did the trick.
    But: installing a second Conquest-server on the same machine with an increment of 1 for the portnumber (as proposed by the installer - of course the first CQ-Server was running as service) produced an error-message while starting this server: the NT-service could ot be started. Changing the portnumber to 5682 (5678+4...) finally solved that problem. Could be the same issue like the bug for running as 4 threaded services....

Wilhelm

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!