ImageJA now works as dicom viewer applet!

• Finally I got it working (it works in chrome, not in IE for me) ! But you have to have the Java JRE installed. This viewer shows one image at a time.

This goes into the dicom.ini in cgi-bin:

Code
    [webdefaults]size = 560dsize = 0compress = uniconsize = 48graphic = gifviewer = imagejaviewer[imagejaviewer]source = imagejaviewer.cq

This is in imagejaviewer.cq:

Give it a try!

Marcel

• Hi,

With the very kind help of the ImageJ maintainer, Wayne Rasband, we are almost there. Just a few weeks patience for a new ImageJA release! Then imageJ can load stacks directly from the server web pages with a simple script. And now: see below the result!

Marcel

• This viewer loads the selected series as a stack in IMAGEJA (version 1.45f or newer required!). Please play with it. If you can code macros for ImageJ, you can undoubtedly make this viewer lots of other nice things.

This goes into the file dicom.ini in cgi-bin

Code
    viewer = imagejaviewer[imagejaviewer]source = imagejaviewer.cq

This is new file imagejaviewer.cq that also goes into cgi-bin

• Hi Robbster,

the last time I tried it worked fine. Which software gives 'connection refused.? You should see come conquest info, imageJA and slider and buttons. Maybe try another browser (firefox)?

Marcel

• In my Apache error log I'm getting

[Tue Feb 12 17:27:31 2013] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] script not found or unable to stat: /var/www/cgi-bin/StartupMacros.txt

Not sure what StartupMacros.txt is suppsed to be.

The java error I'm still getting is: <Error: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect>

Thanks in advance!

Robby

• Do I need to have an entry in the Known DICOM providers on the Conquest server? I wouldn't think I would need to get images from my web server. If I have the viewer= serversideviewer it works fine.

I have made the following changes only.

[webdefaults]
    viewer = imagejaviewer
    #viewer = aiviewer

[imagejaviewer]
    source = ../scans/imagejaviewer.cq

• Unfortunately, or fortunately, I have tried IE, Firefox and Chrome. The applet still loads, and I still get the Connection refused java error. I see the buttons within the applet, its just that none of the images ever get loaded.

Many thanks again!

Robby

• Hi,

Look into the viewer page source with your browser and see that the image references listed have correct URL's. I believe they are generated using webscriptaddress which needs to be set correctly in the dicom.ini in cgi-bin.

Marcel

• Still getting ClassNotFoundException

dicomviewer.Viewer.class

hmmmmm........

• Hi,

This is my dicom.ini that works fine with ImageJAviewer in firefox:

Marcel

Code
    [sscscp]MicroPACS = sscscpTempdir = c:\tempkFactorFile = c:\dicomserver\dicom.sqlTruncateFieldNames = 10SQLServer = c:\dicomserver\data\dbase\conquest.db3SQlite = 1ACRNemaMap = C:\dicomserver\acrnema.mapDictionary = C:\dicomserver\dgate.dicWebServerFor = cf-j10TCPPort = 5678MyACRNema = CONQUESTSRV1WebScriptAddress = http://cf-j10/cgi-bin/dgate.exeWebReadonly = 1WebPush = 0[webdefaults]size = 560dsize = 0compress = uniconsize = 48graphic = gifviewer = imagejaviewer# new viewer based on FIJI's ImageJA[imagejaviewer]source = viewers\imagejaviewer.cq

This is viewers\imagejaviewer.cq

• Hi Marcel
    I like to use ImageJA as webviewer. Have installed the hole thing and it works. Just have a little problem, he doesn`t show the patientname in the picture. How can I chage this? And an other thing, can I change the size of the pictures when he shows them the first time.
    Thanks for your help.

Roelof

• Hi Roelof,

I have really no idea, but if you look into file imagejaviewer.cq you will see it runs a script command like this:

document.ImageJA.eval('run("Stack From List...", "....")');

I am sure you can add any ImageJ script command there that you like.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!