Conquest Bind Listen Error + NT Sevice

• With our MR Conquest, I have been encountering some persistent problem as described below. The server was not installed as an NT service.

After sending quite a few studies across, around 90 - 100 studies, once the processing has finished and I start the next batch, the modality does not talk to Conquest anymore. A Kill and restart does nothing to fix this. I close Conquest and start it manually again, this time it runs as an NT service. I however still cannot communicate with the modality. I un-install as an NT service, and I get a message ""Bind listen error".

Closing and restarting Conquest keeps in this repetitive cycle. The only way I can get things going is by doing a full regen. Once the regen is finished then communication is restored with modality.

I cannot keep doing regens to fix this problem.

What would cause a dead communication port after strenious sendind of data (5 to 6 hrs of continuous sending) ?
    Why does Conquest installs itself as an NT service after I close and start application again ?
    Why the bind listening error after I un-install Nt service ?

Louis

• Louis,

The GUI assumes dgate runs as a service when dgate runs when the GUI starts. So if the GUI crashes or if dgate fails to stop when you close the GUI, you need to manually kill process dgate prior to starting the GUI to get into normal operation again. The bind error is just that the server runs when it starts to start a new one. It seems that something like this is happening. Not sure what causes the disconnect though.

Marcel

• This time around, I restarted the modality workstation which restored the communication link. With the bind error, I know then to look for an existing running dgate. I have quite a couple of others running on this same server. Need to be sure I kill the correct one. Perhaps I should use "Keep Server Alive" option which I will try next and see what happens with my issue for this.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!