ConquestWebView - New web based UI for Conquest

• I have it partially working, I can query the database get a list of patients, click on a series to open it, it converts some of the images others it does not, sometimes it doesnt convert anything... (a little buggy I think) but hey, its in alpha, what do you expect. - I'll continue to dink with it though and see if I can't make something of it.

if anybody has any ideas, please share them...

• Hi,

Here is a list of web based GUIs:

These two use dgate -- commands to work, making them generic for database:

Conquest: very basic, but allows all databases, advanced image viewer works only on internet explorer
    Mark Pearsons: looks great but not yet available, no advanced viewer yet

These two go around conquest to access the database - making them harder to configure and limiting to mysql:

ConquestWebView: don't know yet what the viewer is like
    WebGate: accesses probably not useable with other databases, image viewer and browser works only on internet explorer

Ley me know your thoughts.
    Marcel

ConquestWebView: don't know yet what the viewer is like

Uses Adobe's Flash plugin, only to view a converted JPEG image.

Furthermore, this browser/viewer is usable also with FF and Opera on all platforms, PHP-based, thus installing on a Linux box should be no problem.

Platform and browser independency is for me the most important issue

Chris

• I installed the prog, but I ve probs with the connection to the database, cause I dont know exactly how to adapt the settings in the settings.php
    My username is root, database conquest, no password.

$dbhost = "localhost"; // conquest database server host

$dbname = "conquest"; // conquest database name

$dbuser = ""; // database username ( root in my case? )
    $dbpass = ""; // database password

// user manegement database

$udbhost = "localhost"; // user database host

$udbname = "conquest_users"; // user database name ( root in my case? )
    $udbuser = ""; // user database user ( root in my case? )
    $udbpass = ""; // user database password

Some help would be nice.

• do you actually have the database of "conquest_users" ?

I don't think the script is creating the database for you, I think you need to build the database and then tell the script where its at and how to access it.

• Quote from Bushranger

the help manual doesn t mention the creation of an extra database conquest_users.
    If somebody here has installed the viewer, what kind of steps are necessary?

1. Create a database conquest_users
    2. Import the file ~/cw_alpha1/conquestweb alpha 1/sql/conquestusers.sql in db conquest_users
    3. tune the settings for both db's conquest and conquest_users in ~/cw_alpha1/conquestweb alpha 1/inc/settings.php

Chris

• Quote from lhendricks

I tried to use this. So far it's pretty, but not very functional. Has anyone gotten the viewer to work? Does it have dicom functionality or is it just a picture gallery?

its in VERY alpha stages the author's site is http://pacsworld.blogspot.com (http://pacsworld.blogspot.com/…iew-alpha-1-released.html)
    the viewer is a bit buggy, but there's some work a rounds.. its definitely a work in progress, but has a *TON* of potential. - and there is no actual dicom viewer associated with it, its just a picture gallery at the moment. the author makes a note that he's looking to incorporate one as soon as he finds one that he can freely integrate.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!