forward studies - start and stop with batch ?

• Hello

our conquest is configured to forward most studies to serveral work stations
    As these workstations are online only part of the day , the forward command results in a forward error when the stations are offline. Forward repetiton tries are limited to one, but i feel that testing for the workstations online takes some time and slows down the forwarding to the rest of the workstations.
    I cannot restrict forwarding to a given time of the day, because the online time of the workstations is changing from day to day.
    Is there a way to use a dgate command e.g. in a batch file to stop or start forwarding for a specific AET ? Or do you know another workaround ?

Thanks

Uli

• Hey Uli,

I am not sure if this will work as I have not tried it, but maybe you could write a script that re-writes the dicom.ini file at certain times of day.
    i.e. The script adds and removes forwarding rules from your dicom.ini file. You can the setup the script to remove forward entries at night when the machines are off and add them again in the morning when the computer should be back on again.

Its a bit of a dirty solution, but it may work.
    Let me know how it goes.

what you will have to do is create two batch scripts for each time you want to change the dicom.ini file.
    One file to echo the desired dicom.ini output and one to pipe it into a text file.

i.e.

Batch file 1 : (bat1.bat) Overwrite the existing dicom.ini file

Code
    @echo offcall bat2.bat > dicom.ini@echo on

Batch file 2 : (bat2.bat) Echo the dicom.ini content

Code
    echo [sscscp]
    echo MicroPACS = sscscp
    echo Edition = Personal
    All your config etc.
  • Hi,

Indeed you can modify import and export rules in dicom.ini on the fly, but beware that the number of rules should be kept constant. Otherwise there are no options to do what you want.

Marcel

• Easier solution than my last one:

create two dicom.ini files one for during the day and one for after hours.
    Use xcopy to overwrite the dicom.ini file in your conquest folder.
    The other way I had before needed way too many lines of code to actually do something.
    Thanks to my work colleague for pointing out my stupidity.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!