• Hello

I have installed on a brand new machine with the following specifications

Microsoft Windows XP
    Service Pack 2
    HP xw6600 Workstation
    Inter (R) Xeon (R) CPU
    E5205 @ 1.86 GHz
    1.59 GHz, 3.25 GB of RAM

I am however experiencing frequent crashes with Conquest running. I keep getting the famous "dgate.exe has ecountered a problem and needs to close" by Windows OS. Before the crash all Conquest was doing was writing images to the MySQL database.

I have to keep re-starting server, but then at some other point it crashes again. If I install Conquest as a service, the issue also occurs.

The version is 1.4.13.

I also have a seperate > 3 year old Windows box running the 4 instances of 1.4.13 Conquest and I do not get this crash occuring at all.

Would using the "Keep server alive" option be recommended for such frequent crashes ?

Any clues to help debug this is appreciated.

Louis

• Hi,

if you could get me the crash address (or a DrWatson report), I can locate in which routine the problem occurs - crashes like that need to be fixed, and seem extremely rare.

How do you communicate with MySQL? There might be an issue with MyODBC if you are using that - could swap to native MySQL driver or vice-versa.

It is also an idea to replace dgate.exe with the one from 1.4.14beta and see what effect that has.

If nothing works, install a server with the default dbase driver and see if that crashes as well. That could tell us if it is a database problem.

Marcel

• Below is a temp file generated when the crash occured again. I have also attached an image. I cannot capture the detailed microsoft report.

I am yet to change DB and see what happens. FYI I am not using the native mysql odbc driver. Am using the one from MySQL "MyODBC-3.51.11-2-win" . I have the same driver being used on the other Conquest machine that does not crash like this one.

Louis

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!