Saving Configuration Issue !

• Hi

I noticed that when if I update anything from the Configuration tab of Conquest Windows, the parameter SQLSERVER in the dicom.ini file keeps pointing back to the default DBASE directory.

Our system is configured to use MySQL, and this parameter was changed to point to the MySQL ODBC during initial install. But any updates done from the Configuration tab, like the size for nightly deletes and a save is done, appars to update this parameter, and I lose sync with the MySQL database.

We eventually encountered an association error whenever images were being sent to the Conquest server. I had to manually re-update the SQLSERVER setting, and do a clean regen to fix the association issue with received studies.

If I manually updated the nightly setting direct in the .ini file, and bring up server, I do not see the change from the Configuration tab display as well. Had to change it from the Configuration display tab, save, but that updates the SQLSERVER back to default.

Are these bugs ?

Louis

• With the manual update issue, I had Conquest installed as a service. Needed to stop Conquest from there to see manual changes.

But why does each "Save Configuration" from the Configuration tab keeps updating the SQLSERVER settings back to the default dbase location and not keep the MySQL one ?

What does a Save Configuration actually do ?

• Hi,

Save configuration copies the in-memory settings (read from dicom.ini at GUI startup) to dicom.ini and restarts the server core. It should not change your database settings!

However, it will revert the database settings back to the default dbase settings if the file USEDBASEIIIWITHOUTODBC exists. That indicates to the GUI you are still using dbase. Renaming the file to USEMYSQL will probably solve your issue.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!