DICOM C-MOVE Failure With PR

• Hello

Whenever I try a C-MOVE for a study that has PR embedded in the study, Conquest gives a Dicom Move error and failed to send subsequent series.

e.g series level

MR
    MR
    PR
    MR
    MR

The first 2 MR series are sent. Once it gets to PR the Dicom move error occurs. In the Conquest database display, all I see with the PR is header information. It is not an image as such.

Is there a way to get Conquest to by-pass the PR and send sub-sequent series of the study ?

Louis

• The PR is being sent from the MR vendor magnet which is Philips. It is being stored as just a header.

I cannot see anything in dgatesop.lst about this. I paste the server's copy below:

What should I exactly enter in dgatesop.lst for this to be prevented ?

Here is a dump of what the PR header shows with the patient demographics marked with "#"

• I got some more information for this issue. The SOPClassUID for the PR Received appears to be

and it does resides in the dgatesop.lst file for that Conquest server in particular as

GrayscaleSoftcopyPresentationStateStorage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.11.1 sop

So why will it not send then the PR ?

Louis

• Hi,

Apperently, philips can send it but not recieve it (correctly?). What does the log show when the PR is sent?

The easiest fix is to disable it in dgatesop.lst, by starting the line with a #

Marcel

• It is not just an issue with Philips. I also get the dicom move error, when sending to E-FILM. Once it gets to the PR image slice, Conquest just stops.

This is a dump of the logs when sending one with PR at slice 2. No error is given from the logs. The dicom move error is from the Query tab.

I've commented the SOP in dgatesop.lst, and re-started server. Tried sending again to e-film and I still get a Dicom move error after slice 1.

It only seems to send it, if I remove the PR from the database.

There is a script I collected from this forum from a work colleague to remove modalities off Conquest. I will use it to remove all PR UIDs series in the database.

Philips have now turned off the sending of the PR SOP as we don't need it.

Louis

• Hi,

if you mail me or lambert a a few slices and the PR, we can try to look in detail whats wrong. I am puzzled. By the way PR has not image, it is just a header, but that should send OK.

Marcel

• I noticed the PR a while back ago when I sent images with GSPS turned on with my Konica Minolta CR. I too saw that PR was in the modality tag and that it was only header information with the original CR image that I sent. But it sent from Conquest server1 to conquest server 2 with no errors. I sent it using Conquest's own Query/Move function.
    If you need logs or anything else for me to test let me know.
    Manny

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!