Problem with Web Interface Installation in Linux

• Hi there --

We are going through the motions of installing version 1.413 of Conquest onto a Fedora Core 5 32-bit system. According to the Linux documentation, after running the chmod command on the three maklinux scripts, running, in our case, the maklinux script will compile and install the web interface.

The problem is, the web interface does not get installed because instead of a cgi-bin directory being created, a file of the same name is created instead. This means the dicom.ini and dgate.html files cannot be created afterwards. Here is the output we are seeing:

cp: accessing `/usr/lib/cgi-bin/dgate.html': Not a directory
    cp: accessing `/usr/lib/cgi-bin/dicom.ini': Not a directory

When I referenced cgi-bin at the above location, here is the information that I got on it:

ll /usr/lib |grep cgi
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 8997 Apr 7 15:43 cgi-bin

The host in question does have a bundled Apache server, and the location of the cgi-bin and html directories is /var/www. I modified the maklinux file to create its files in the cgi-bin directory. Once that was done, I started the apache server. The dgate html file did appear, but the output was garbled text. Here is a sample of what is seen:

D!

What do I need to do to correct this? Thanks.

• Hi there --

I completed the installation of the 1.4.14 beta without the optional jpeg support, and unfortunately the garbled text is still appearing on-screen locally and remotely. Here is a sample of what is being seen:

$�X����������t:����D$�D$f��$Ě.�Y������D$�D$f��$Ԛ.�wY���D$ ��D$D$�D$���D$���E��$�����E܉$��V���,��D$ ��D$

The server in question is running Fedora Core 5 with the bundled Apache 2.2.0 release along with php 5.1.4, and the Java 1.4.2 release. The dgate.html, and its affiliate files, is located in the /var/www/cgi-bin directory. What else do I need to do in order to correct this? Thanks.

• Hi,

I called it "dgate.html" because of the earlier header problem - this was the only way to get it to work. It is actually the binary dgate as cgi application. Can you check that dgate.html is marked executable? Otherwise you can try to just call it dgate (marked executable) and try running it this way .../cgi-bin/dgate?mode=top.

Marcel

• Hi there --

When I entered the URL <ip>/cgi-bin/dgate the web page did show up. I'm going to set up the alias so that the user can access the webpage simply through the <ip>.

Thanks for the help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!