Importing DICOM Images

• Hi All,

I am new to this software so please do go easy...

I have setup and implemented a Conquest DICOM server (with the test images) all working fine.

I now have thousands and thousands of DICOM images that go back 5 years to import is this possible?

Info (our general setup):
    Conquest DICOM server - version 1.4.13
    Windows Server 2003
    MySQL (xampp package)

Many thanks for your time in advance,

Paul Hood.

• I have now found the way of adding files as per topic below:
    http://www.image-systems.biz/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=577

But I now have this error:

[CONQUESTSRV1] ***[AddImageFile] Y:\imagesdc\2004\I_000001.dcm -FAILED: Error on Load
    [CONQUESTSRV1] ***[AddImageFile] Y:\imagesdc\2004\I_000002.dcm -FAILED: Error on Load
    [CONQUESTSRV1] ***[AddImageFile] Y:\imagesdc\2004\I_000003.dcm -FAILED: Error on Load
    [CONQUESTSRV1] ***[AddImageFile] Y:\imagesdc\2004\I_000004.dcm -FAILED: Error on Load
    [CONQUESTSRV1] ***[AddImageFile] Y:\imagesdc\2004\I_000005.dcm -FAILED: Error on Load
    [CONQUESTSRV1] ***[AddImageFile] Y:\imagesdc\2004\I_000006.dcm -FAILED: Error on Load
    [CONQUESTSRV1] ***[AddImageFile] Y:\imagesdc\2004\I_000007.dcm -FAILED: Error on Load

Paul Hood.

• Hi

I usualle get this "Error on Load" message when I drag and drop file over a network share or network drive into the Conquest user interface.

One way for you to transfer the files is either send them to Conquest via a dicom software/workstation in small amounts - lets say 3 months of data at once etc... .

You could also make a conquest serve on the old computer, point mag devices to the data storage and re-initialize th e DB, then syncing it with the new server.
    greetz

• Thanks for the quick reply,

Moving a test amount of data to the local hard drive worked and moved us along a step...

Now we receive an error that maybe of more use:

[CONQUESTSRV1] Locating file:MAG0 071391\1.2.840.113680.2.103.30196.1177586166.430712.2_0002_000005_12040269290001.dcm
    [CONQUESTSRV1] [DecompressImage]: internal decompressor does not support color jpeg, using external decompressor
    [CONQUESTSRV1] ***[DecompressImage]: Error on load after external decompression, image not decompressed
    [CONQUESTSRV1] [recompress]: recompressed with mode = n4 (strip=1)

Paul Hood

• Hello,
    I have the same issue, except I have the folders with the dicom images but the DB is corrupted, therefore I can't access the images via a pacs/dicom workstation...

I am at the point where I moved the folders over...but I can't retrieve any of them...

what do you EXACTLY (STEP BY STEP) MEAN BY:

<snip> You could also make a conquest serve on the old computer, point mag devices to the data storage and re-initialize th e DB, then syncing it with the new server. <snip>

• Hi,

a server has:

files (e.g. in MAG0)
    a database (e.g., mysql)

The same files can be described by multiple databases during a migration process to a new database.

So, step by step:

install a new server (SERVER2) in another directory (e.g. c:\server2) as the original server (e.g. c:\server1). Choose any of the supported database options, dbaseIII being the most simple.

set the data storage (local disk to store DICOM images) of the new server SERVER2 to the old servers data directory (e.g., c:\server1\data)

continue install of SERVER2

SERVER2 will regenerate a new database with all the old images accessible from the SERVER2

If SERVER1 is still up and images are added to it after the SERVER2 database has been created, they have to be entered in the database of the SERVER2 manually - for instance by a partial database regeneration from the command line.

Marcel

• Hi,

First, about the jpeg error. I assume that the old images you are entering have not been written by conquest. Apparently some of them are compressed in a format that is not supported by comquest or the offis tools used.

Then, the problem dropping files from a network share may be related to running conquest as service. Since the service runs as another account as the GUI, this may explain the failure to load (in the actual server) while the GUI can see the images. Try to uninstall the server as service and then drop files.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!