Willl probably lose my job over this...

• Hi,

you can only change a server's name when it is not running as a service. So, uninstall as service, change name, save config, install as service.

You can also set its MAGDevice to X'RAYs data, or a copy thereof, and do a regen. That avoids having to merge the data later.

Good luck,

Marcel

• Hello Marcel,
    the new server is working great! thanks for all your advises...I will leave the AETITLE as is...doesn't really matter the name I am using.

big important question...
    how do i go about transfering or merging the old database (XRAY/conquestpacs_s2) to the new database (CONQUESTSRV3/conquestpacs_s3)?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Marco

• Hi,

were is the data located? If it is the same directory, you will need to regen MAG0. If it is separate, you can add a MAG1 and regen just that. Or you can transfer (duplicate) the data through drag and drop or a dicom copy.

Depends on what you want!

Marcel

• Marcel,
    creating a new xray2 server worked

I copied the dicom folders from the old folder to the new folder (same drive)...

what do you mean by:
    were is the data located? If it is the same directory, you will need to regen MAG0. If it is separate, you can add a MAG1 and regen just that. Or you can transfer (duplicate) the data through drag and drop or a dicom copy.

The data has been copied in the folder but I can't query any of the old studies..do I have to regen?

important note about regen...when I do that do all the stations need to be off or it doesn't matter?

thanks in advance,
    Marco

• So from what I understand you now have one single Conquest MAG folder of xray data where the "old" AND "new" xray studies are stored together.

1) If I am assuming that this is correct you now have to point conquest MAG0 to that specific directory (if you havent done that already)

I guess that you probablyhave already done step 1) cause you said new data is accessibel (old stuff not, because you have copied/drag and dropped it into new folder etc.), in this case you have to do a "regen" for the MAG device which is set to that specific folder containing old and new studies.

..then ist should be done..

good luck
    Stephan

• Hello,
    thanks for your quick reply...I logged in remotely and regen the db...the default was MAG0, you were correct, folders were there (from the old xray installation) but they couldn't be queried by the database, only the new stuff was accessible. I browsed the database and there seems to be everything...I will log into a workstation and let you know.

One important question i have about conquest...the backup folder grows at over 500mb/day rate...is it necessary to keep a backup for every day?

The files I am talking about have this format:

XRAY_db_date.bak

isn't sufficient to just keep last week or last month?

Also...what is the best way to back up a conquest server? what are the folders/files that need to be absolutely backed up? I am not trying to be cheap on space...just want to understand conquest better.

• Hi,

For the database backups we keep a daily schedule, then weekly, then monthly, then yearly. Having an old database to fallback allows going up almost immediately with partial contents after a failure. Missing images can then be added by a partial regen (from the command line of dgate) or even just by drag and drop if the need is very high. If the database is completely lost a full regen is required which could take a huge amount of time. Off course backup up the image files is even more important - they cannot be recovered once lost, while the database can.

Marcel

• db issues again

Hello,
    I seem to have the same issue I had in the past, with the exception that this time I have issues with the ctscan database.

How would I check if the database is set to autogrow? the database is the full version of ms sql so it's not limited.

I am moving some data off one of the drives with the least amount of space to ensure there is not a backup or log that is filling up one of my drives.

once these *.bak and *.trn are moved what's the best way to check if the db is still functional? do I initiate a regen?

Thanks for the advise, as usual.

M.

• Marcel,
    thanks for your reply. the sql version running is ms sql 2000.

apparently the backups are saved into a small 7Gb partition that eventually got filled up since my last intervention, once I moved those backups and made some space available the servers resumed working as usual.

I tried to find the page in the settings were I would tell the servers to save the logs and the backups but did not find it, maybe it's located in arcnema but i didn't check as I am writing...

I will get back if the xrays/ctscan techs tell me there is still some problem.

Thanks Marcel again, great software.

• Hi,

have a look in Management - Database maintenance plans

This should be set to reindex weekly

And right click the database - properties - Data files

here is the option to autogrow the database

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!