Unable to connect to Mysql Database

• Hello Everyone,
    I am running the Conquest Server version 1.4.12.c with Mysql database.

P4, 28 Ghz, 2 gig RAM
    Conquest: 1.4.12.c
    MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver installed
    MySQL Control Center 0.9.3-beta

Here is the error I have received.

Output of the installation programs will go here:

------------------- Start ODBC data source update or creation --------------------
    [CONQUESTSRV1] Creating data source
    [CONQUESTSRV1] Driver = SQL Server
    [CONQUESTSRV1] Options = DSN=conquestpacs_s;Description=ConQuest DICOM server data source;Server=(local);Database=conquest
    [CONQUESTSRV1] Datasource configuration succesful
    [CONQUESTSRV1] ----------------------------------

------------------- Start TCP/IP test --------------------
    [CONQUESTSRV1] This output is generated by the dicom server application
    [CONQUESTSRV1] If you can read this, the console communication is OK
    [CONQUESTSRV1] This is systemdebug output; can you read this ?
    [CONQUESTSRV1] This is a very long text output for testing -- This is a very long text output for testing -- This is a very long text output for testing -- This is a very long text output for testing -- This is a very long text output for testing -- This is a very long text output for testing --
    [CONQUESTSRV1] ---------- Succesful end of test -----------

------------------- Start ODBC test --------------------
    [CONQUESTSRV1] Attempting to open database; test #1 of 10
    [CONQUESTSRV1] ***Error: 17: 08001: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
    [CONQUESTSRV1] ***Failed to SQLConnect()
    [CONQUESTSRV1] ***Unable to open database conquestpacs_s as user conquest on localhost

I'd appreciate your input in this matter. Plus can we not have a simple picture driven installation guide that would guide a NOVICE installer how to install the sever from start to finish.

Thanks
    Tim

• Hi,

Basically such a description is in the manual of 1.4.13beta.

There has to be an (empty) mysql database setup with correct name (e.g. conquest), user name (e.g., root) and password (e.g., an empty string) matching the ones in dicom.ini. The command line to create such a database is listed in the 1.4.13beta manual on page 20. If you access the database with mysql commands then conquest should also be able to access it with the same username/password. The remarks of slow performance with the default mysql setup are no longer valid in 1.4.13beta. So that should make it easier.

Upcoming release version 1.4.13 makes it even easier: it install the database for you. Just wait a couple of days for its release.

Or try version 1.4.13beta now, which make it slightly easier by setting correct defaults.

Marcel

• Hello Marcel,
    Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your reponse in regards to the issues I am currently having. I guess I will wait for the 1.4.13 version to come out.

I hope to see the new version come out soon.

Thanks again,

regards
    Tim Rajah

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!