Compile Source / Windows

• Hello All - is there an idiots guide to compiling the source in a Windows environment - I see a few posts about compiling the linux source -

- I seem to be running in circles - I'm trying to play with the source in Visual Studio 2005 - thanks, chris o.

• Hi,

For all required flags and source files see the Makefile under dgate.exe in dgate.zip and under dicom.lib in dicomlib.zip. I compile with a very old msdev4.2 from the command line using amake.bat and amakelib.bat.

You need IJG jpeg sources as well unless you also define NOINTJPEG, which I would advise (i.e., leave out the built-in jpeg decompressor).

Marcel

• Hello - asking an old question again - is there an idiots guide to compiling ConQuest on Windows - other than the info in the make files etc, is there a listing of the essentials for compiling on windows? - I'm not a programmer but I'd like to play with the source a bit - thanks, chris o.

• Hi Chris,

I always compile from the command line, never from inside visual studio, so that makes it a lot harder. Also, there are dependencies on lots of database drivers and such. I tend to copy their header files (postgress, mysql) into the project directory. Here we go:

get the latest released linux sources (1.4.16alpha).

unpack into a folder
    cd jasper-1.900.1.6-ct
    {make sure amake.bat knows where to find one or both (32/64 bits) compilers}
    {make sure amake.bat delivers the obj file to ..}
    amake
    cd ..
    cd jpeg-6c
    {make sure amake.bat knows where to find one or both (32/64 bits) compilers}
    copy jconfig.vc jconfig.h
    amake
    cd ..
    {adapt following lines to correct location of the compiler}
    set include=c:\lang\ms8amd64\include;jpeg-6c;jasper-1.900.1-6ct\src\libjasper\include
    set lib=c:\lang\ms8amd64\lib

cl -c -MT -O2 /Zi -DWIN32 -DWINDOWS -DNATIVE_ENDIAN=1 -DUSESQLITE -DUSEMYSQL -DHAVE_LIBJPEG -DHAVE_LIBJASPER -DJAS_WIN_MSVC_BUILD total.cpp sqlite3.c

link /OUT:dgate.exe /MAP:dgate.map /DEBUG total.obj sqlite3.obj odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib wsock32.lib advapi32.lib user32.lib kernel32.lib bufferoverflowu.lib libjpeg.lib jasperlib.obj

Good luck!

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!