MSServer2003/MSSQL2005 SSL Provider error with GUI brower

• I know this is a known issue but anyone solved this issue or discovered a work around? It is very frustrating. I am assuming this is really a Windows2003 server (security?) issue - issue not seen with SQL2005 on Win2k (Server or Pro) or WinXP. Might try with a Vista installation.

• If still needed, I can enable non-odbc based browsing (using the server to create dbf files) in 1.4.13beta. This would probably overcome the problem, i.e., allow browsing of sql server on windows2003. Drop me a private message for a test version.

Marcel

• Hey,

I have win2k3 r2 with ms sql 2005

on win xp machine the "browse database" works perfectly
    but on main server (win2k3 - not same as sql server) i got error:

[microsoft][sql native client]SSL provider: the local security authority cannot be contacted

conquest is 1.4.13

Any Ideas to help me out?

• Hmmm.....

Now I get error:

Access violation at address 004D9379 in module 'conquestdicom server.exe'. Read of address 00000000.

EDIT: sorry for that :)

Seems to work correctly on servers that are not dicom forwarders.

• difference is that one is dicom "virtual server" that can query and retrieve data from other hospidal for our radiologists.

:roll::wink:

Its actually the same server (machine) , only different conquest service.

EDIT: If a service has export converter or smth then BrowsethroughDBF = 1 will not work and give the same error as mentioned above.

• Hi,

The error occurs while reading the DBF tables. Apparantly they are not (well) created. Could you look in directory dbase in MAG0 - where these DBF tables are created? I see no obvious reason in the source (I will test later) why virtualserver or exportconverter would conflict with this flag.

Marcel

• I looked into that dbf file and I do not see anything being wrong.

Im just wondering if there might be somekind of limit how big that dbf file can be?

ms sql database is about 5 GB, that dbf file is about 8.4 MB only.

• Hi,

the extracted DBF patient table stores all patients, but the other tables only one patient. From one patient it should go and extract the other tables, but these seem to be absent? The size cannot be the issue. There in no practical size limit (2^32 records, 1 Tb).

Marcel

• Found with dicomserver1414, if you specify a name in the "Local unique name of this server" field on
    the "Configuration" tab, and that name is not in the "Known DICOM providers" list on startup, then you will get the
    error described:

ottf on Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:54 am
    Hmmm.....

Now I get error:

Access violation at address 004D9379 in module 'conquestdicom server.exe'. Read of address 00000000.

EDIT: sorry for that :)

Seems to work correctly on servers that are not dicom forwarders.

• Hi,

I cannot reproduce this. In any case, the crash is in reading the DBF tables XDICOM....; Can you verify that these tables are created - they list the content of the currently selected patient in the browser. See ...\data\dbase

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!