Rule for compressing import

• On this forum I found some rules for sending compressed files directly after import to another AE. The rules decide to send them compressed if they are received from AE1 or uncomressed if they come from AE2.
    I search for a way to decide between compressed or uncompressed storage in my main archive during the import: data one AE should always be stored compressed and all other uncompressed. The reason is that our portal imaging system IView sends to much large images in IMRT. Large areas of the images are unused.
    Are there d-gate commands for a rule like this:
    store compressed if AE=IView?
    An idea for a compression mode:
    compress like "j2" - but only in a rectangle. The rest of the image gets the same pixel value before compression. The compression rates should be high for images with small areas of interest.

• The feature to select compression depending on calling AE does not yet exist, although it is possible through special called AE titles. If you send to e.g., CONQUESTSRV1~n3 this will force compression to n3 (or any other you select). I plan to make it more flexible compression choices possible though importconverters like ifequal "%u","AE1"; compression n3.

Further, the compressor you suggest only makes sense when it is lossy. There are no plans to add new compressors though...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!