Question about expandability of the ConQuest interface..

• I and a reseller sat down with a local University, and they're wanting to do some interesting things with DICOM/PACS data.

Because they're only doing research, they aren't going to be doing a lot of actual image viewing, but they _do_ need/want to add additional fields to the database, so they can link studies together with common information, as well as the possiblity of linking either an additional table structure (for columns of analysis data), or at least to an external file. (the table structure would be better for search functions).

Would it be possible to expand the function of the ConQuest interface to allow those searches through without damaging the essential DICOM compatibility? (This would allow them to use a modified viewer to perform the searches, rather than requiring a secondary interface)

Also, I know I can look at the files, but I'm too tired at the moment - long day - What programming language was used to write the bulk of ConQuest? I'm assuming C or C++.

Thanks

Troy
    Aka
    Bookworm

• You can add any VR you want in the database by adding it to dicom.sql without breaking anything (just need a regen). If you remove fields you might break stuff. The server core is in C++, the GUI in delphi.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!