Simple WEB-DICOM-Viewer for Conquest

• I programmed the files and added a new file ( and made a German Translation as well ) to be able to search by studydate, which to my mind makes it easier than to search by ID, which is mostly unknown to the users.
    I am thinking if it makes sense to search additionally by birthdate or referring physician.

• manzing
    you can search by patial date, if a unterstand you correct.
    If you input 200 for example, there will be listed all studies from 2000-2007.
    Similar happens with month, f. e. 200404, you ll get the whole april of 2004.
    Was that your question?

• manzing

I ve some trouble to get WEBGATE running with MSSQL2000.
    What did you put it for

uid - user name ( your log in name to windows?
    driver - ODBC-driver. Given name in ODBC?
    server - hostname of database-server (local)- localhost or the servername?

I tried a lot but I couldn t get access to the images. I only got it running with mysql.

Gan you give me some help?

• Bushranger,

You misunderstood me, i can't search by partial date, i'd like to do so but i didn't find the trick. ASP knowledge seems to be mandatory to do that...

For me, it works well with MSSQL server 2000.

here is my data :

------------------- Start ODBC data source update or creation --------------------
    [CONQUEST] Creating data source
    [CONQUEST] Driver = SQL Server
    [CONQUEST] Options = DSN=local;Description=ConQuest DICOM server data source;Server=(local);Database=conquest
    [CONQUEST] Datasource configuration succesful
    [CONQUEST] ----------------------------------

My user is conquest with password 111, as it is in the original configuration file made by eduard.

As i said before, i had to configure many things before it works with MS SQL (connection, tables...). you must set good authorizations in MSSQL, and allow many things in IIS (asp in disabled by default, security...). Maybe you try to use Apache server, and i don't know if it works with it.

What is your error message ?

• manzing

I got WEBGATE running with MySQL and IIL, I only have probs concerning the what to use for uid, ODBC-driver, server, screenshots would be very helpful in this case.
    But waht exactly do you mean with patial date?
    Can you give an example?

• P.S
    I don t get an error message, I don t have access to the images.
    I guess my configuration if the config file is not correct, cause there is a difference in the names between the ODBC Driver for MySQL and MSSQL.
    And with this I ve probs.

• Quote from Bushranger

manzing

I got WEBGATE running with MySQL and IIL, I only have probs concerning the what to use for uid, ODBC-driver, server, screenshots would be very helpful in this case.
    But waht exactly do you mean with patial date?
    Can you give an example?

i mean search with date like 200703 in order to match all studies done on Month 03.

Your probs seems to be linked with config.asp, here is mine :

<%
    WEBServerAdr="http://127.0.0.1"
    DICOMDB="uid=conquest; pwd=111; driver={SQL Server}; server=(local);database=conquest"
    ImagePath="E:\Radio\Base2"
    %>

maybe it will helps

• Quote from Bushranger

Thanks for your replies.
    I ll try it out.
    What exactly is the uid? The username, defined in the dicom.ini of conquest?

yes, since conquest is using the same database, using the same user and password seems to be mandatory.

• Hi all

All things works rather fine now.

:?: Is anybody able to save image as JPEG ?
    I only have BMP format when trying to save, which is really annoying.
    The JPEG format was annouced as supported by Eduard though, so did i made a mistake anywhere ?
    Is it necessary to install something else to enable JPEG support ?

Also, the calibration cause big trouble in Internet Explorer, it opens many windows and force to quit IE !

:idea: For your information, wildcard is not possible, but you can use % instead and it works, so you can truncate name from the begining. Usefull.

NOTE : Hints for the ocx buttons do not work in Internet Explorer 7, only in IE 6.

• WebGate doesn't display overlay for me, but i don't think this is implemented.
    Anyways, it's not mentionned in the Webgate description given by Eduard at the begining of this post.

It does not matter for me, since we can display Dicom headers in Webgate, and it display the patient name in the list at the bottom.

Now, i've customized the code and it's pretty good to me.

• does IE7 display the images?
    I have probs in displaying the images on my notebook, where XP with IE7 is runing.
    With the other installation with w2k and IE6 there aren t any probs.

• Yes, IE7 display images.
    The only trouble in IE7 are the hints on the buttons that are not displayed.

I've also implemented security by using windows authentication and ntfs security, so i can manage users who are allowed to access Webgate.
    But it seems you must have a Windows domain (with server and workstations inside) in order to make it works.

• Hello - were you ever able to get the webgate viewer running with MySQL? - when I use driver={MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver} Iit at least seems to connect but then complains:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '[PatientNam] Like ....

- any suggestions on other / better web viewer interface to ConQuest? -

thanks, chris o.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!