plain text password

• Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a way to remove the database password from the dicom.ini file or to store it there in encrypted form. Is this possible? The access data to the database is currently stored as plain text.

• Thank you Marcel for the quick answer.

We currently use MySQL or MariaDB. We don't have any experience with ODBC yet, but we'll check it out and see if we can work around the password issue with it.

Thank you for the help and your great product.

Jens

• Hello,

so far we have had no success setting up the Conquest Server with MariaDB and ODBC.

MariaDB Connector ist installed and System-DSN is created.

What Database type should we select during Conquest installation? And which username and which password is to insert into dicom.ini in this case?

Thank you for help.

• Hello Marcel,

the connection is working now, but only if also Username and Password in the dicom.ini file have correct values. This means that the situation is as before.

Do you know if only ODBC connection to MariaDB / MySQL needs the values? Do connections to other databases systems via ODBC not require the values?

Maybe you have another idea how we can solve this plain text password problem.

Thanks again for your help.

Jens

• Hi Jens,

I haven't used ODBC in ages, but I remember SQL server could use a login in odbc. But maybe not Mysql. I could potentially make the password scriptable, so you can set it at runtime, but I am not sure what that would help us. I guess the other option is to pass an encrypted password to mysql (not syre how to do that), e.g. if the password is set as e.g. as #6y9f87djfjkfhxcdf-0898 (where # defines having an encrypted password).

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!