Trigger ExportConverters after the series gets written

• Hi,

I understand ExportConverters run after each incoming image slice.

I want to trigger a batch script which records some details after each series (NOT IMAGE) gets written.

So, I created an ExportConverter like this

Code
    ExportConverter0 = process series after 1 by F:\Programming\dicomHubScripts\processSeries.bat "%d" %u %i %V0020,000E %V0020,000D %V0008,0060 "%V0008,103E" "%V0018,1030"

What I believe the above converter does is that -> After a series gets written, it will trigger that batch script with a delay of 1 second. Please correct me if I am wrong.

The batch script just logs all those parameters to a text file

Now when Conquest receives a Study set with one series, I expected the above would log all the parameters to a file only once as the study contains only one series. But it logs the same details twice or multiple items depending on the data.

My 2 Questions are:

1) What should I do to make the export converter trigger only once after each series gets written?

2) Similarly, What should I do to make the export converter trigger only once after a study gets written completely (i.e., all the series in that study gets written fully)?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

• Hi,

I think after 1 is too quick. If there is more than 1 second between images it would trigger multiple times. There is no natural end to a series so you need a delay to see if nothing more is coming.

Note that in earlier versions the timer would trigger after the first image, recent versions re-trigger the timer after each image. What version are you using?

Marcel

• I am using the latest version 1.5.0c

There is no natural end to a series so you need a delay to see if nothing more is coming.

How would I delay such that nothing more is coming?

Also, how to trigger a study level export converter such that it gets triggered after all the associated series get completed?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!