Secure and compresses transfer of data

• Hi

First of all hat's off to all work and contributing to this great software. I have a question(for most of readers it seems to be a dumb question but i am struck in it).

I am storing images in v2 format, so that if somebody copies they images they are of no use to anyone. Problem is that I wanted to transfer images from one site to another (both sites are in different cities and internet connectivity is also not stable). I want images to be encrypted and to be compressed to maximum to reduce size without data loss and on receiving on other end they are recompress, decrypted and saved in v2 format

Please guide me in this.

Regards

• Hi

Yes i want it automated. Currently i am saving images in V2 format and then forward them to other site. Only issue i am facing is that transfer time, studies too much time to transfer. I want to recompress the images to maximum and then transfer. When Site B receive studies recompress them or save them in v2 format.

Let me clarify that i am saying v2 format as encrypted one(i might be wrong).

Regards

• Hi,

are you transferring from conquest to conquest? In that case you can use e.g. "forward compresses as N4". This is not encrypted but a conquest specific compression that is hard to read for others. However, the patient information should be protected by usig e.g. a VPN.

Another way to accelerate to is use the export: function, e.g. create zip file, transmit it and then put it incoming at the receiving end.

Marcel

• Hi

Yes i am transferring from conquest to conquest. I am using the forward compress command.

Can you guide me how to automate this : "Another way to accelerate to is use the export: function, e.g. create zip file, transmit it and then put it incoming at the receiving end."

--HM

• something like this (untested).

importconverter0 = process study by forwardtoremote.lua(%VStudyInstanceUID)

forwardtoremote.lua

Code
    local temp = tempfile('.zip')
    servercommand('export:,'..command_line..',,,'..temp)
    system('copy '..temp..' \\remoteserver\c\dicomserver\data\incoming')
    os.remove(temp)

where the copy command must be replaced by an appropriate remote access command such a scp or curl

• Hi

Thanks, I will give it a try and update you.....

Do i need to make any changes in this command or simply copy paste it : servercommand('export:,'..command_line..',,,'..temp)

system('copy '..temp..' \\remoteserver\c\dicomserver\data\incoming');

Instead of copying to other server HDD cannot i send the zip file to the conquest and conquest itself unzip and load the study.

• Hi

This is the error i am facing when i try to test the above script:-

[PACS] UPACS THREAD 10: STARTED AT: Thu Oct 06 00:36:12 2022

[PACS] Calling Application Title : "local "

[PACS] Called Application Title : "PACS "

[PACS] Application Context : "1.2.840.10008.3.1.1.1", PDU length: 16384

[PACS] Presentation Context 0 "1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.2" 1

[PACS] *** lua syntax error [string "process study by forwardtoremote.lua(%VStudyInstanceUID)"]:1: '=' expected near 'study' in 'process study by forwardtoremote.lua(%VStudyInstanceUID)'

This is my dicom.ini entry

Importconverter1 = process study by forwardtoremote.lua(%VStudyInstanceUID)

• This is the result on console:-

[PACS] Importconverter0.0: queued process stu - (single object of A1011922-2) to toremote.lua(1.3.51.0.7.626212751.36234.35400.43697.31569.41411.43078)

But nothing copied.

• Yes in the same folder in which i installed PACS.

For testing purposes i updated the lua file. Instead of copying to remote server i am trying to copy the studies to local drive of the PC. The updated script looks like this:-

print(command_line)

local temp = tempfile('.zip')

servercommand('export:,'..command_line..',,,'..temp)

system('copy '..temp..'C:\DICOM_IMAGES\incoming')

os.remove(temp)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!