Errors on random files using Importconverter

• Hi,

I have an issue whereby we have a recurring error on random files (different files of same batch on different runs).

I am using conquest as a forwarder with a Watchfolder, where files are copied over the network to be picked up.

An importconverter then forwards the files to another PACS.

When I copy files into the Watchfolder over the network, there are several files that cause the following error :

***[AddImageFile] C:\Inbox\xyz-003 -FAILED: file does not contain correct UIDs

These files are then not forwarded to the remote PACS and removed from the Watchfolder.
    When I copy the exact same batch of files again (and again, and again...) the error always appears but every time for different files...

My gut tells me it has to do with the fact that these files are copied across the network and maybe conquest starts to process the files before they have fully copied ?

Is this something I can fix/configure/workaround ?

Thx.

• Indeed, it looks like it tries to read the file before it is ready. What mechanism do you use to copy the files into the watchfolder?

The conquest code tries to open the file for append before reading it, in the assumption that if the file is still open the append will fail. This mechanism does not work under linux.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!