Behavior of MAGDeviceFullThreshold

• How does Conquest handle a change of the MAGDeviceFullThreshold - in this case making smaller? Does it re-evaluate all of the MAGDevices for size and free space or once a threshold its reached it moves onto the next MAGDevice and never looks back?

My scenario:

I start with MAGDevice0 - a 4TB volume. I set MAGDeviceFullThreshold = 400,000 so that 10% is reserved for optimization/fragmentation.

MAGDevice0 fills to 400GB free space and moves onto storing exams/images on MAGDevice1

MAGDevice1 is a 2TB volume. If I only want to 'loose' 10% to optimization/fragmentation of this volume, I would change MAGDeviceFullThreshold = 200,000. But will Conquest re-evaluate free space on MAGDevice0, find another 200GB of space below the original 400GB threshold and store new data back on MAG0?

Thanks,

Scott

• Hi,

MAGDeviceFullThreshold is evaluated for every new stored image. So if you change the threshold it will start storing on MAG0 again. To force it to store elsewhere you can use:

ImportConverter0 = storage MAG1

Marcel

• If I use ImportConverter0 = storage MAG1, is MAGDeviceFullThreshold completely ignored? And if so, will MAG1 simply fill until full and error out when new images sent after it's full?

Scott

P.S. Conquest is such a great tool. Thank you for all your hard work.

• Hi,

Appreciate the thanks.

Your question: it will ignore MAGDeviceFullThreshold unless there is less than 30MB on the preferred storage, then it will fall back to the original logic.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!