Adding studyinstance UID to dicomimages table

• I added a study instance UID field to the dicomimages table and added the definition of StudyInstanceUID to the *Image* section of the dicom.sql file as follows:

*Image*

{

{ 0x0020, 0x000d, "StudyInstanceUID", 64, SQL_C_CHAR, DT_UI }

}

Easy enough!

As a result, subsequent transfers to the server resulted in the studyinstanceUID being recorded in the dicomimages table. However, when I performed a DICOM query from another system it responded with an image count that was greater than what actually existed!?

I reversed the changes to the dicom.sql file and restarted the server and all was well again.

I am not sure if I configured the system improperly, or if I'm trying to do something that is a waste of time (wouldn't be the first time and it won't be the last...) due to system constraints, so I am looking for some direction.

I made the change in order to more efficiently determine the image count of a study via querying the dicomimages table. I understand that I can perform a DB query with a table join, so obtaining the image count through "normal" methods is achievable. However, I was just trying to lessen the impact of possible frequent queries to verify image counts via a DB query when I caused this error.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• Why not set:

EnableComputedFields = 1

in the dicom.ini

This way you can query for image/series/studies count:

Attribute Name

Tag

Attribute Description

Number of Patient Related Studies

(0020,1200)

The number of studies that match the Patient level Query/Retrieve search criteria

Number of Patient Related Series

(0020,1202)

The number of series that match the Patient level Query/Retrieve search criteria

Number of Patient Related Instances

(0020,1204)

The number of Composite Object Instances that match the Patient level Query/Retrieve search criteria

Number of Study Related Series

(0020,1206)

The number of series that match the Study level Query/Retrieve search criteria

Number of Series Related Instances

(0020,1209)

The number of Composite Object Instances in a Series that match the Series level Query/Retrieve search criteria

Number of Study Related Instances

(0020,1208)

The number of Composite Object Instances that match the Study level Query/Retrieve search criteria

Regards,

Robert

• As luck would have it, I added it to the end of the table.

I moved it up a few places to after the SeriesInst and miraculously it worked as expected! That was way too easy. :-)

Thank you for your assistance!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!