Conquest 1.4.19b How to merge two subnets (sublans)?

• Good day!

I have the next problem:

Our hospital has many departments located in different places in city.

So in main department conquest server with ip 192.168.24.179.

In other department i have router with ip 192.168.24.249 and inside lan in this department pc has ip 192.168.1.*.

So, i send request command C-MOVE from pc with ip 192.168.1.25 to conquest server with ip 192.168.24.179 for getting study in this pc.

Server getting this request, but client PC with ip 192.168.1.25 not getting response from pacs server. I couldn't merge this subnets in one for technical reasons. In server logs error: Host didn't accept connection.

Has conquest server pacs some settings for solving this problem?

Please, help. Sorry for terrible english grammar.

• Hi,

Basically, a move needs to setup a reverse connection from the server (192.168.24.179) to 192.168.1.25, which is not a public IP address; to make this work you would have to enable port forwarding in the router - i.e., a request to 192.168.24.249 (the routers public IP) on e.g. port 104 should be forwarded to 192.168.1.25 port 104.Then you say in the server that your AE is actually on the router. Does this make sense? If you have many clients you could use different ports, e.g. the server config would be:

CLIENT1 192.168.24.249 104 un

CLIENT2 192.168.24.249 105 un

regards,

Marcel

• Thank you very much for so fast reply, Marcel.

Yes, i have many clients in subnet 192.168.1.*, because i send request for pacs server from my medical information system (which may be install in any number computers, and now all doctors may create request c-move to pacs for getting study), so number clients may be infinite (when all clients in same subnet with pacs all ok, and for each client i create temp StoreSCP dynamically). if I understood correctly, i have to assign statically port to each IP client in subnet 192.168.1.*. Is there other desicion for this situation?

• Hi,

Without the router issue you could use the wildcard AE,

V* * 104 un

And assign each client e.g an AE like this "V192.168.0.25". This is the mechanism I use for my viewers, which accept a local AE that is V%IP%, and is then dynamicaly generated.

But with the router issue, I feel it is difficult to solve. There is another solution: does your client suppport C-GET? That works without port reversal, and would work whenver the query works. Conquest 1.4.19c does implement C-GET and I could pre-release it.

Marcel

• I already using wildcard mechanism for creating dynamically AE Titles for my clients. This way not solve problem with router and other subnet.

Pre-release of c version is very GOOD!

Yes, i can send C-GET command from my client. So, can you explain in details, how C-GET command may solve my problem with router and other subnet?

• Hi,

A C-Move opens a new connection from server to client to transmit data

A C-Get uses the existing connection from client to server to transmit data to the client.

So if your client to server connection is routed a C-GET should work.

Marcel

• Hi,

That is OK, I needed an excuse to release the C version. Just testing the linux bits and that is quite broken (linux users, wait for the official release ;->>>>). The windows bits seem totally OK.

Marcel

• Good day, Marcel.

I test C-GET service in the latest version, so, now it's OK. All works good. But now i test only two transfer syntax format. During some days i test other transer syntax, and if some bugs will appear, i will write about this here.

Thank you =)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!