Query for multi-valued item (StudyModal)

• Hi all,

I have a Conquest-database running on a client's server which is accessed on a Windows-workstation using RadiantViewer or on a Mac-workstation using Osirix. When it sends a query, we get the next result in our logs:

What causes this specific error? Is it a ConQuest-setting?

• Hi,

This warning occurs because matching on a multi-valued entry is not implemented for a DBASEIII database. Whether this is an issue in practice depends on the contents of the database and the actual query.

regards,

Marcel

• Hi Marcel,

Thanks for your quick reply. So, this is a problem related to using the DbaseIII-based config? As it is not quite clear to me, is it correct that DBaseIII-based servers are not advised for production environments? If so, what would you advise on using in a Windows 7 environment with 17000+ patients, 23000+ studies (DX/MR/CR/...) and over 1.5million images?

It seems that just performing a query in the Conquest GUI to show a listing of all patients takes a few seconds, so maybe I can migrate this system to a new database-implementation to improve speed and stability.

I'd be glad to hear your advice. :)

Kind regards,

Jan

• Hi Marcel,

What database would you propose on a 17000+ patients (over a million images) Windows-based configuration?
    It seems to me like the DbaseIII-solution isn't the way to go for larger databases...

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

Kind regards,

Jan

• Hi,

dbaseIII is very stable, we used it up to 6M images so no urgent need to replace it. But I guess MySQL or postgres are the way to go for such a big setup. Regeneration could take a week or so though. Note sure the speed would be much better. Have a look at the test report in the manual for the speed of the different options.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!